Former Syracuse star Michael Carter-Williams had a rough final game of his 2014-15 campaign.
For starters, his Milwaukee Bucks were blown out 120-66 in game six of the first round of the NBA playoffs by the Chicago Bulls. And injury to insult? He took a cheap shot from Bulls forward Mike Dunleavy — twice. That should change your NBA betting patterns.
The first incident occured in the opening quarter, when Carter-Williams drove to the basket and was punched in the face by Dunleavy as he went by. Carter-Williams had to come out of the game, and didn’t return until 1:42 left in the first quarter.
Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo got a measure of revenge on Dunleavy with 1:34 left in the second quarter, as he hip checked Dunleavy into the first row of seats as Dunleavy attempted a 3-pointer. Antetokounmpo was ejected as a result of the play.
Carter-Williams and Dunleavy got back into it in the third quarter, when Dunleavy took a shot at Carter-Williams’ throat. The guard reacted by grabbing Dunleavy around the neck with his left arm and throwing Dunleavy to the ground.
Carter-Williams was assessed a tecnical foul on the play.
In the former SU star’s first NBA playoff series, he averaged 12.2 points, 4.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds while appearing in 31.8 minutes per game.
As for the next round of the playoffs, bet and watch live NBA playoffs at Paddy Power.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016