Former Syracuse star Michael Carter-Williams had a rough final game of his 2014-15 campaign.
For starters, his Milwaukee Bucks were blown out 120-66 in game six of the first round of the NBA playoffs by the Chicago Bulls. And injury to insult? He took a cheap shot from Bulls forward Mike Dunleavy — twice. That should change your NBA betting patterns.
The first incident occured in the opening quarter, when Carter-Williams drove to the basket and was punched in the face by Dunleavy as he went by. Carter-Williams had to come out of the game, and didn’t return until 1:42 left in the first quarter.
Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo got a measure of revenge on Dunleavy with 1:34 left in the second quarter, as he hip checked Dunleavy into the first row of seats as Dunleavy attempted a 3-pointer. Antetokounmpo was ejected as a result of the play.
Carter-Williams and Dunleavy got back into it in the third quarter, when Dunleavy took a shot at Carter-Williams’ throat. The guard reacted by grabbing Dunleavy around the neck with his left arm and throwing Dunleavy to the ground.
Carter-Williams was assessed a tecnical foul on the play.
In the former SU star’s first NBA playoff series, he averaged 12.2 points, 4.8 assists and 4.5 rebounds while appearing in 31.8 minutes per game.
As for the next round of the playoffs, bet and watch live NBA playoffs at Paddy Power.
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017
- Has Syracuse basketball done enough to make the NCAA Tournament? - March 10, 2017
- Syracuse v. Notre Dame, 1/21/17: Predictions and analysis - January 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Boston College, 1/14/17: Predictions and analysis - January 13, 2017
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016