The chances of Ohio State finding a way to get VJ King in the 2016 class are slim. The Buckeyes would like to add another player in 2016, most likely a guard, if a spot were to come open. King has taken visits to Virginia, UConn, North Carolina and Kentucky since leaving Ohio. He’s got an official visit planned with Louisville next month. “I’ll be cutting the list soon, very soon,” King said. “We’ll see how I feel.” Even if Ohio State makes the cut. Don’t expect that to mean much for the Buckeyes.
Whoever lands West Hartford (Conn.) Kingswood-Oxford 2016 linebacker Koby Quansah is going to get a fantastic player. Quansah arrived as the nation’s No. 27 outside linebacker according to the 247Sports Composite. He is nowhere close to deciding but Duke has made the biggest impression thus far. Boston College, Maryland, Michigan, Vanderbilt, Stanford and Rutgers were other schools he mentioned.
Four-star Georgia point guard Alterique Gilbert said he was happy to receive a scholarship from the University of Louisville this past week, though he hasn’t decided if he wants to visit the school. Gilbert, a 6-foot-1 player who’s rated No. 43 in the 2016 class by ESPN.com, said he heard from U of L assistant Kenny Johnson after the coach watched him play two weeks ago in Hampton, Va., with his CP3 All-Stars club in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League. Head coach Rick Pitino followed up Thursday with a call to make the offer.
Johncarlo Valentin helped himself perhaps more than any other prospect at Sunday’s The Opening Regional in New York. Valentin was the most dominant offensive lineman in 1-on-1s, taking on all challengers and handing everyone that didn’t have the last name Gary. Valentin has the size at 6-foot-5, 290-pounds and athletic ability to play several positions on the offensive line.
With one Washington already in the fold, the Syracuse coaching staff is hoping to land the pair. Aapri Washington, a Class of 2017 defensive back, lives around the corner from highly touted Orange running back pledge Robert Washington and is building up a strong recruitment of his own. He’s been offered by Syracuse as well as 10 other school including Ole Miss, Mississippi State, TCU and West Virginia, according to 247Sports.com.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016