North Carolina head coach Roy Williams is visiting Kobi Simmons tonight per recruiting analyst Dan McDonald. Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim is also in Alpharetta, Georgia to meet with Simmons. Georgia visited Simmons, a 6-5, 170-pound combo guard, last night. And the big news last week was Kentucky offering Simmons.
The Rutgers staff hosted Kingswood Oxford (New Hartford, Conn.) standouts Koby Quansah, a 6-1, 215-pound four-star linebacker, and Isaiah Wright, a 6-2, 218-pound wide receiver, each of the last three days for unofficial visits. The tandem came to town Friday to visit Rutgers and also partake in Rivals Camp-New Jersey, which took place Sunday.
Elsewhere, Virginia three-star lineman Josh Ball set a timeline for his decision, and Penn State is firmly in the mix. Lions247 also reported the satellite camp stops the Lions will make this summer, and at least one visit destination for Tuesday is known.
The last time Gene Coleman was on Rutgers’ campus, he was at an exhilarating junior day and left with the Scarlet Knights atop his list. More than a month later, the Bergen Catholic receiver said his feelings about the Scarlet Knights and the football program have not changed. He holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Army, Connecticut and Buffalo, but there should be a parade of coaches coming through Bergen Catholic in the next six weeks.
Kentucky coach John Calipari met with Canadian point guard Jamal Murray and his family on Saturday in Ontario following the Wizards-Raptors game, and the message the Hall of Fame coach sent was that he’s ready to take the 6-foot-5 lead guard “anytime.” “Just like any other school’s message, they would take him anytime [in 2015 or 2016],” Roger Murray, the player’s father, told SNY.tv by phone Sunday evening.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017