North Carolina head coach Roy Williams is visiting Kobi Simmons tonight per recruiting analyst Dan McDonald. Syracuse head coach Jim Boeheim is also in Alpharetta, Georgia to meet with Simmons. Georgia visited Simmons, a 6-5, 170-pound combo guard, last night. And the big news last week was Kentucky offering Simmons.
The Rutgers staff hosted Kingswood Oxford (New Hartford, Conn.) standouts Koby Quansah, a 6-1, 215-pound four-star linebacker, and Isaiah Wright, a 6-2, 218-pound wide receiver, each of the last three days for unofficial visits. The tandem came to town Friday to visit Rutgers and also partake in Rivals Camp-New Jersey, which took place Sunday.
Elsewhere, Virginia three-star lineman Josh Ball set a timeline for his decision, and Penn State is firmly in the mix. Lions247 also reported the satellite camp stops the Lions will make this summer, and at least one visit destination for Tuesday is known.
The last time Gene Coleman was on Rutgers’ campus, he was at an exhilarating junior day and left with the Scarlet Knights atop his list. More than a month later, the Bergen Catholic receiver said his feelings about the Scarlet Knights and the football program have not changed. He holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Army, Connecticut and Buffalo, but there should be a parade of coaches coming through Bergen Catholic in the next six weeks.
Kentucky coach John Calipari met with Canadian point guard Jamal Murray and his family on Saturday in Ontario following the Wizards-Raptors game, and the message the Hall of Fame coach sent was that he’s ready to take the 6-foot-5 lead guard “anytime.” “Just like any other school’s message, they would take him anytime [in 2015 or 2016],” Roger Murray, the player’s father, told SNY.tv by phone Sunday evening.
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017