Mohammed Bamba, a 6-foot-11 2017 power forward from Norristown (PA) Westtown and the PSA Cardinals, has picked up offers from five high-major programs in Kansas, Arizona, Syracuse, UConn and Florida State. He previously had offers from Texas, Maryland, Villanova, Seton Hall, Temple, James Madison, Penn State, Rice and Yale and others. “Mohammed has put himself in the conversation for being a top 5 player in the class of 2017 and a clear-cut high major recruit,” PSA Cardinals coach Terrance “Munch” Williams told SNY.tv.
Duke and Kentucky are now recruiting 6-foot-5 Canadian point guard Jamal Murray, who poured in 30 points on Saturday to help the World Team beat the U.S. in the Nike Hoop Summit championship. “Duke and Kentucky are now recruiting [him],” Roger Murray, the player’s father, told SNY.tv by text.
Kentucky and Kobi Simmons have been flirting with each other on the recruiting front, and on Monday the Wildcats offered, leading Kentucky to take off in his Crystal Ball. Kentucky assistant John Robic watched Simmons play for the Atlanta Celtics this weekend in Dallas.
Chris Ash recruits the state of Illinois for the Buckeyes and one prospect that is picking up some steam in the Land of Lincoln is defensive tackle Mike Panasiuk. It looks like Panasiuk will attend the Ohio State spring game on Saturday. “I plan on it, but I still have to talk to my parents,” Panasiuk said.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017