Mohammed Bamba, a 6-foot-11 2017 power forward from Norristown (PA) Westtown and the PSA Cardinals, has picked up offers from five high-major programs in Kansas, Arizona, Syracuse, UConn and Florida State. He previously had offers from Texas, Maryland, Villanova, Seton Hall, Temple, James Madison, Penn State, Rice and Yale and others. “Mohammed has put himself in the conversation for being a top 5 player in the class of 2017 and a clear-cut high major recruit,” PSA Cardinals coach Terrance “Munch” Williams told SNY.tv.
Duke and Kentucky are now recruiting 6-foot-5 Canadian point guard Jamal Murray, who poured in 30 points on Saturday to help the World Team beat the U.S. in the Nike Hoop Summit championship. “Duke and Kentucky are now recruiting [him],” Roger Murray, the player’s father, told SNY.tv by text.
Kentucky and Kobi Simmons have been flirting with each other on the recruiting front, and on Monday the Wildcats offered, leading Kentucky to take off in his Crystal Ball. Kentucky assistant John Robic watched Simmons play for the Atlanta Celtics this weekend in Dallas.
Chris Ash recruits the state of Illinois for the Buckeyes and one prospect that is picking up some steam in the Land of Lincoln is defensive tackle Mike Panasiuk. It looks like Panasiuk will attend the Ohio State spring game on Saturday. “I plan on it, but I still have to talk to my parents,” Panasiuk said.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016