Former Syracuse basketball star Eric Devendorf and manager Kevin Belbey join host Wesley Cheng to talk about The Basketball Tournament on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor-in-chief Brad Bierman then calls in to break down the latest with Syracuse lacrosse.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: You’re participating in The Basketball Tournament with other Syracuse alumni in the Northeast Region games that will be played in Philadelphia in mid-July. What is it going to be like suiting up with some of your fellow Syracuse alumni?
Eric Devendorf: I’m super excited. Kevin Belbey, former head manager at Syracuse, he got in contact with me, he approached me about the tournament. He told me he had Hakim Warrick and Baye Moussa Keita on board before I was, so just hearing those two names and knowing that they played a significant part in Syracuse basketball is pretty exciting for me. I know all of the guys, we’ve kept in contact throughout the years. I like to see where guys are playing whether it’s in the NBA or overseas. I’m pretty excited about the event.
WC: Eric, for the Syracuse fans who haven’t kept up with you since your college playing days, catch us up on what you’ve been up to since then.
ED: Right now, I’m finishing up my degree at Syracuse. I’ll be done at the end of this month. So I had a semseter to go, I started in January and I’ll be done in three weeks. Last year, I went overseas in Italy, but I had back surgery in June and I may have went back a little too early. I came back here and the opportunity opened up to finish classes. I talked to Coach [Boeheim] about it with an academic advisor and it was the best thing for me to do and also be able to rehab my back in the process. I’m almost finished up with that and my back is healed up. I’ve been playing with the guys for several months so I’m back in shape and ready to go.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse basketball legend Eric Devedorf calls in
3. The Basketball Tournament
4. Memories of Cuse
5. What he’s up to now
6. Manager Kevin Belbey calls in
7. Impetus to getting alumni team together
8. Big names on the team
9. Brad Bierman calls in to talk lacrosse
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016