Former Syracuse basketball star Eric Devendorf and manager Kevin Belbey join host Wesley Cheng to talk about The Basketball Tournament on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor-in-chief Brad Bierman then calls in to break down the latest with Syracuse lacrosse.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: You’re participating in The Basketball Tournament with other Syracuse alumni in the Northeast Region games that will be played in Philadelphia in mid-July. What is it going to be like suiting up with some of your fellow Syracuse alumni?
Eric Devendorf: I’m super excited. Kevin Belbey, former head manager at Syracuse, he got in contact with me, he approached me about the tournament. He told me he had Hakim Warrick and Baye Moussa Keita on board before I was, so just hearing those two names and knowing that they played a significant part in Syracuse basketball is pretty exciting for me. I know all of the guys, we’ve kept in contact throughout the years. I like to see where guys are playing whether it’s in the NBA or overseas. I’m pretty excited about the event.
WC: Eric, for the Syracuse fans who haven’t kept up with you since your college playing days, catch us up on what you’ve been up to since then.
ED: Right now, I’m finishing up my degree at Syracuse. I’ll be done at the end of this month. So I had a semseter to go, I started in January and I’ll be done in three weeks. Last year, I went overseas in Italy, but I had back surgery in June and I may have went back a little too early. I came back here and the opportunity opened up to finish classes. I talked to Coach [Boeheim] about it with an academic advisor and it was the best thing for me to do and also be able to rehab my back in the process. I’m almost finished up with that and my back is healed up. I’ve been playing with the guys for several months so I’m back in shape and ready to go.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse basketball legend Eric Devedorf calls in
3. The Basketball Tournament
4. Memories of Cuse
5. What he’s up to now
6. Manager Kevin Belbey calls in
7. Impetus to getting alumni team together
8. Big names on the team
9. Brad Bierman calls in to talk lacrosse
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017