Malachi Richardson was held scoreless in the McDonald’s All-America game on Wednesday night at the United Center. But the Syracuse recruit may be close to securing his first-career assist for the Orange. Richardson spent a lot of time in Chicago the past few days talking to center Thomas Bryant, hoping to convince the big man they should play their college ball together. “I’ve been talking to (Thomas) all week,” Richardson said after the game. “Trying to figure out if he’s going to definitely come. I think we have a good chance for him now.”
The Scarlet Knights are a contender for Liam Smith, following the tackle’s weekend visit to campus. “I like it a lot,” Smith, the No. 13 recruit in the NJ.com Top 50 told NJ Advance Media. “I think the last visit made them a contender for me when maybe they weren’t a couple months ago. I have a lot of interest in them now. I had a really great visit.” Smith, who visited Syracuse one day prior to his Rutgers trip, is closing in on a decision.
This past weekend Michigan State hosted an impressive group of recruits from a variety of states. One of the players on campus was Brendan Scales of Lafayette High School in Missouri. The fast-rising 6-foot-4, 220-pound prospect got some good news before he left. Michigan State did not sign a tight end in the class of 2015 and only signed one in 2014. For a team that likes to use a lot of two tight end sets that means the position is a top priority for the class of 2016.
Missouri basketball team’s highest-profile recruiting target, Huntington Prep senior forward Thomas Bryant, said Tuesday he is deciding among Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky and Syracuse. The 6-foot-10, 230-pound Bryant spoke to the Tribune’s Caitlin Swieca on Tuesday morning in Chicago, where he’ll compete in the McDonald’s All American Game at 8 p.m. Wednesday at the United Center. “All four schools are pretty even right now,” Bryant said.
There’s an epidemic of non-Hoyas college apparel on the Georgetown campus and it must be stopped. “I walk around campus and I’m shocked with the stuff that [students] wear,” Georgetown director of marketing Chris Grosse said. “A girl in Marquette sweatpants, or a guy in a Villanova or Harvard shirt. At the gym, it’s insane.” T-shirts of hated rivals Villanova and Syracuse will be worth three points.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017