Thomas Bryant did say his mother has been told by the Orange’s staff that the team does still have a scholarship available to him in the wake of NCAA sanctions, including future scholarship reductions, levied against the school. The Orange has also recently had two players transfer, and those departures appear to have freed up a spot for Bryant. Asked if he found it unusual that Syracuse hasn’t contacted him to let him know what’s going on with the program, Bryant said, “a little bit.”
Tyus Battle has set two visits and added a major school back on his list, according to Evan Daniels. The 6-foot-6, five-star combo guard out of Gladstone (N.J.) Gill St. Bernard’s will visit Duke April 17 and Louisville April 19 and has put Kentucky back on his list. “We’re definitely going to take a visit to both schools, it’s a matter of when,” Gary Battle recently told SNY.tv.
The championship game of the 69th annual CYP Tournament lived up to the billing. After Frenji squandered a big lead, it came down to the wire, but the Greenburgh-based team prevailed when Stepinac’s Kylan Guerra hit three of three clutch free throws in the closing seconds to beat the New York Falcons, 76-75. Stepinac sophomore Jordan Tucker had 18 points for Frenji to lead all scorers. The 6-foot-7 wing was named tournament MVP, becoming the first sophomore to do so in the CYP storied 69-year history.
One of the top in-state linemen on Ohio State’s board is Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh. The son of former NFL offensive lineman Dave Wohlabaugh, the rising junior currently has offers from programs including Michigan, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Boston College, among others, but is still waiting on his home state school to come through with a scholarship. He inched closer to making that happen after making a visit to Columbus on Saturday.
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017