Thomas Bryant did say his mother has been told by the Orange’s staff that the team does still have a scholarship available to him in the wake of NCAA sanctions, including future scholarship reductions, levied against the school. The Orange has also recently had two players transfer, and those departures appear to have freed up a spot for Bryant. Asked if he found it unusual that Syracuse hasn’t contacted him to let him know what’s going on with the program, Bryant said, “a little bit.”
Tyus Battle has set two visits and added a major school back on his list, according to Evan Daniels. The 6-foot-6, five-star combo guard out of Gladstone (N.J.) Gill St. Bernard’s will visit Duke April 17 and Louisville April 19 and has put Kentucky back on his list. “We’re definitely going to take a visit to both schools, it’s a matter of when,” Gary Battle recently told SNY.tv.
The championship game of the 69th annual CYP Tournament lived up to the billing. After Frenji squandered a big lead, it came down to the wire, but the Greenburgh-based team prevailed when Stepinac’s Kylan Guerra hit three of three clutch free throws in the closing seconds to beat the New York Falcons, 76-75. Stepinac sophomore Jordan Tucker had 18 points for Frenji to lead all scorers. The 6-foot-7 wing was named tournament MVP, becoming the first sophomore to do so in the CYP storied 69-year history.
One of the top in-state linemen on Ohio State’s board is Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh. The son of former NFL offensive lineman Dave Wohlabaugh, the rising junior currently has offers from programs including Michigan, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Boston College, among others, but is still waiting on his home state school to come through with a scholarship. He inched closer to making that happen after making a visit to Columbus on Saturday.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017