Thomas Bryant did say his mother has been told by the Orange’s staff that the team does still have a scholarship available to him in the wake of NCAA sanctions, including future scholarship reductions, levied against the school. The Orange has also recently had two players transfer, and those departures appear to have freed up a spot for Bryant. Asked if he found it unusual that Syracuse hasn’t contacted him to let him know what’s going on with the program, Bryant said, “a little bit.”
Tyus Battle has set two visits and added a major school back on his list, according to Evan Daniels. The 6-foot-6, five-star combo guard out of Gladstone (N.J.) Gill St. Bernard’s will visit Duke April 17 and Louisville April 19 and has put Kentucky back on his list. “We’re definitely going to take a visit to both schools, it’s a matter of when,” Gary Battle recently told SNY.tv.
The championship game of the 69th annual CYP Tournament lived up to the billing. After Frenji squandered a big lead, it came down to the wire, but the Greenburgh-based team prevailed when Stepinac’s Kylan Guerra hit three of three clutch free throws in the closing seconds to beat the New York Falcons, 76-75. Stepinac sophomore Jordan Tucker had 18 points for Frenji to lead all scorers. The 6-foot-7 wing was named tournament MVP, becoming the first sophomore to do so in the CYP storied 69-year history.
One of the top in-state linemen on Ohio State’s board is Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh. The son of former NFL offensive lineman Dave Wohlabaugh, the rising junior currently has offers from programs including Michigan, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Boston College, among others, but is still waiting on his home state school to come through with a scholarship. He inched closer to making that happen after making a visit to Columbus on Saturday.
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016