Thomas Bryant did say his mother has been told by the Orange’s staff that the team does still have a scholarship available to him in the wake of NCAA sanctions, including future scholarship reductions, levied against the school. The Orange has also recently had two players transfer, and those departures appear to have freed up a spot for Bryant. Asked if he found it unusual that Syracuse hasn’t contacted him to let him know what’s going on with the program, Bryant said, “a little bit.”
Tyus Battle has set two visits and added a major school back on his list, according to Evan Daniels. The 6-foot-6, five-star combo guard out of Gladstone (N.J.) Gill St. Bernard’s will visit Duke April 17 and Louisville April 19 and has put Kentucky back on his list. “We’re definitely going to take a visit to both schools, it’s a matter of when,” Gary Battle recently told SNY.tv.
The championship game of the 69th annual CYP Tournament lived up to the billing. After Frenji squandered a big lead, it came down to the wire, but the Greenburgh-based team prevailed when Stepinac’s Kylan Guerra hit three of three clutch free throws in the closing seconds to beat the New York Falcons, 76-75. Stepinac sophomore Jordan Tucker had 18 points for Frenji to lead all scorers. The 6-foot-7 wing was named tournament MVP, becoming the first sophomore to do so in the CYP storied 69-year history.
One of the top in-state linemen on Ohio State’s board is Stow (OH) Walsh Jesuit 2016 OL Jack Wohlabaugh. The son of former NFL offensive lineman Dave Wohlabaugh, the rising junior currently has offers from programs including Michigan, Kentucky, Minnesota, and Boston College, among others, but is still waiting on his home state school to come through with a scholarship. He inched closer to making that happen after making a visit to Columbus on Saturday.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017