Louisville guard Chris Jones has been suspended from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules, and will not play against Syracuse on Wednesday evening, the school announced on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Jones is averaging 13.6 points and 3.7 assists. There is no timetable for his return.
Jones scored 20 points in Louisville’s 74-65 loss at home to NC State on Saturday.
The Cardinals will play the Orange at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday. Jones will not make the trip with the team.
Louisville is currently 20-5 on the season and 8-4 in the ACC. Syracuse is 16-9 on the season and 7-5 in conference play.
The story was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman on Twitter. Goodman said in a later tweet that the suspension concerned “matters unrelated to basketball.”
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016