Louisville guard Chris Jones has been suspended from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules, and will not play against Syracuse on Wednesday evening, the school announced on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Jones is averaging 13.6 points and 3.7 assists. There is no timetable for his return.
Jones scored 20 points in Louisville’s 74-65 loss at home to NC State on Saturday.
The Cardinals will play the Orange at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday. Jones will not make the trip with the team.
Louisville is currently 20-5 on the season and 8-4 in the ACC. Syracuse is 16-9 on the season and 7-5 in conference play.
The story was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman on Twitter. Goodman said in a later tweet that the suspension concerned “matters unrelated to basketball.”
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017