Louisville guard Chris Jones has been suspended from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules, and will not play against Syracuse on Wednesday evening, the school announced on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Jones is averaging 13.6 points and 3.7 assists. There is no timetable for his return.
Jones scored 20 points in Louisville’s 74-65 loss at home to NC State on Saturday.
The Cardinals will play the Orange at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday. Jones will not make the trip with the team.
Louisville is currently 20-5 on the season and 8-4 in the ACC. Syracuse is 16-9 on the season and 7-5 in conference play.
The story was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman on Twitter. Goodman said in a later tweet that the suspension concerned “matters unrelated to basketball.”
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017