Louisville guard Chris Jones has been suspended from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules, and will not play against Syracuse on Wednesday evening, the school announced on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Jones is averaging 13.6 points and 3.7 assists. There is no timetable for his return.
Jones scored 20 points in Louisville’s 74-65 loss at home to NC State on Saturday.
The Cardinals will play the Orange at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday. Jones will not make the trip with the team.
Louisville is currently 20-5 on the season and 8-4 in the ACC. Syracuse is 16-9 on the season and 7-5 in conference play.
The story was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman on Twitter. Goodman said in a later tweet that the suspension concerned “matters unrelated to basketball.”
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017