Louisville guard Chris Jones has been suspended from the team for an unspecified violation of team rules, and will not play against Syracuse on Wednesday evening, the school announced on Monday.
The 5-foot-10 Jones is averaging 13.6 points and 3.7 assists. There is no timetable for his return.
Jones scored 20 points in Louisville’s 74-65 loss at home to NC State on Saturday.
The Cardinals will play the Orange at the Carrier Dome on Wednesday. Jones will not make the trip with the team.
Louisville is currently 20-5 on the season and 8-4 in the ACC. Syracuse is 16-9 on the season and 7-5 in conference play.
The story was first reported by ESPN’s Jeff Goodman on Twitter. Goodman said in a later tweet that the suspension concerned “matters unrelated to basketball.”
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017