Harry Giles, a 6-foot-10, 210 pound, 5-star recruit from the 2016 class, narrowed his list to eight schools on Monday afternoon.
Giles announced the decision over Twitter, and the schools include “Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Syracuse, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Ohio State and UNLV.” Giles added the schools weren’t listed in any particular order.
He is currently ranked the No. 2 prospect in his class after he missed his sophomore year due to an ACL tear.
Giles took an official visit to UNC on Jan. 10 and has plans to visit Duke on Feb. 28. The 24/7 Crystal Ball has Giles as a 46 percent lean to Duke, with UNC (38) and Wake Forest (15) rounding out the top three.
Syracuse has one commit in the 2016 class, Matt Moyer. They have also showed interest in guard Tyus Battle, wings VJ King and Kassoum Yakwe and center Sedee Keita. SU is also pursuing Canadian point guard Jamal Murray, but he has shown an interest in reclassifying to 2015.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016