Harry Giles, a 6-foot-10, 210 pound, 5-star recruit from the 2016 class, narrowed his list to eight schools on Monday afternoon.
Giles announced the decision over Twitter, and the schools include “Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Syracuse, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Ohio State and UNLV.” Giles added the schools weren’t listed in any particular order.
He is currently ranked the No. 2 prospect in his class after he missed his sophomore year due to an ACL tear.
Giles took an official visit to UNC on Jan. 10 and has plans to visit Duke on Feb. 28. The 24/7 Crystal Ball has Giles as a 46 percent lean to Duke, with UNC (38) and Wake Forest (15) rounding out the top three.
Syracuse has one commit in the 2016 class, Matt Moyer. They have also showed interest in guard Tyus Battle, wings VJ King and Kassoum Yakwe and center Sedee Keita. SU is also pursuing Canadian point guard Jamal Murray, but he has shown an interest in reclassifying to 2015.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017