Boeheim called Gary Battle, the father of 2016 Gill St. Bernard’s combo guard Tyus Battle, to tell him that Syracuse “was pulling themselves out of the postseason this year.” The ban will only impact the current players and won’t impact future recruits. “He asked me how Ty was doing and said Ty is his top recruit in 2016,” Gary Battle told SNY.tv. “We are not that concerned.”
Jamal Murray of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) and Isaac Humphries of La Lumiere (IN) are among the young international stars who will headline the first-ever Basketball without Borders (BWB) Global Camp. The camp will be held February 13-15 at Baruch College in Manhattan as part of NBA All-Star 2015 in New York City, and Nike will be the official partner. NBA scouts can attend the event.
QB Dwayne Haskins Jr., Bullis, 6-2, 185 Pick a college, any college. Haskins has likely garnered an offer from that school. Following an impressive showing on the combine circuit, Haskins’s stock rose considerably during his junior season. With Devonte Williams moving on to play at Indiana, expect the second-team All-Met QB to get more chances to display his passing skills for the defending IAC champions.
One of the most intriguing 2017 prospects I’ve seen this high school season is Mohamed Bamba. Bamba, who stands 6-foot-10 and possesses a 7-foot-3 wingspan, has all the tools you look for in a young post player. He’s long, mobile, athletic, has good post awareness and even has good form on his mid-range jump shot, which he shoots with confidence.
Huntington Prep big man Thomas Bryant is one of the best available big men left in the national 2015 class. Currently ranked 22nd overall in the ESPN 100, Bryant is eventually expected to choose from Kentucky, Syracuse, Indiana, and Missouri, while Kansas is also reportedly making a late push to get involved with the six-foot-ten big man.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017