Kentucky is expected to host three recruiting visitors – five-star 2015 center Thomas Bryant, five-star 2016 point guard Derryck Thornton Jr., and 2016 power forward Tai Wynyard of New Zealand – on Tuesday night for its home game against Missouri. Bryant, of Huntington (W.Va.) Prep, has become an increasingly top target of the Wildcats in the senior class, and coach John Calipari watched him play on Saturday night at the Mustang Madness showcase in Paducah. Bryant was his typical strong, aggressive, high-energy self in that game, posting 33 points – on 11-of-13 shooting – and 14 rebounds in a 72-66 loss to UK target Malik Newman and Callaway High of Mississippi.
Roger Murray, the father of 2016 Orangeville Prep (Ontario) shooting guard Jamal Murray, told SNY.tv at the McCracken County Mustang Madness that reclassification is still a real possibility for his son. Murray is currently the No. 11 shooting guard in the Class of 2016, according to 247Sports.com. He and his Orangeville Prep teammates will be on display Saturday evening at the Big Apple Basketball Invitational at Baruch College.
Harry Giles has battled back from a torn ACL and MCL to take back his place among the very best players in the class of 2016. At the recent City of Palms Tournament, universally regarded as the top national high school basketball tournament, in Ft. Myers, Harry had a series of dominating games against some of the top teams in the country. For the tournament, the 6’10” Giles averaged 23.5 points, 11.3 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, and 2.5 assists for his Wesleyan Christian Academy Trojans.
South Brunswick running back Dontae Strickland: Strickland committed to the Orange in early June and has been rock solid in his commitment since. He’ll take his official visit to campus this weekend. Don Bosco Prep defensive back Daivon Ellison: Similar to Strickland, Ellison also committed to the Orange over the summer. He’ll be at SU this weekend for his official.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017