What’s up people it’s your boy HG coming at you with another blog! A lot has happened since the last one so let’s get it! We’re coming off our second loss of the season last weekend and, of course, I’m not happy about that. We lost to Cape Henry and I just feel like we didn’t have the right mindset to come out and get it done. We were just coming off winning the High School OT tournament in Raleigh, N.C., and I think we were feelin’ ourselves a little bit. I think we were feeling like we couldn’t be beat and because of that we didn’t come out hungry.
Pope John was one of the few teams who were still undefeated as of Thursday, standing atop the new-look NJAC-American with a record of 7-0. The Lions won their first two games over Blair and Life Center Academy, then went down to Florida for the Battle of the Villages Tournament. Moustapha Diagne was named the Most Outstanding Player and senior guard Damien Rance won MVP. Pope John looks to be one of the most dominating teams in the NJAC this season as Diagne is averaging a double-double a game with almost 18 points and 14 rebounds a game.
It was the Devin Gilmore show Tuesday night in Greenwood. Gilmore scored a season-high 26 points, including 19 points in the first half, to help MRA cruise to a 68-55 victory over Pillow. The super sophomore scored on an array of baskets, even mixing in a pair of 3-pointers. Ben Milam added 13 points and Harper Hudnall 11 for the Patriots, who improved to 15-7 overall and 5-1 in North AAA.
Don Bosco (Ramsey, N.J.) Prep middle linebacker Kyle Kleinberg verbally committed to Syracuse as a preferred walk-on on Thursday morning, he said during a series of text messages. The news was first reported by Mike McAllister of CuseNation.com. “I had other DI-AA offers and chose to come to Syracuse because I love the place!” Kleinberg said.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016