Injuries have delayed the start of Tyus Battle’s junior season but nothing can slow down his recruitment. While Battle’s injury might be keeping him off the court it hasn’t stopped some of the biggest college programs in the country from recruiting him. Ohio State, Michigan, Duke, Kentucky, Syracuse, Louisville and Villanova are the programs that the 6-foot-6 Battle listed as coming after him the hardest at the moment. In fact Coach K and the entire Duke coaching staff recently came up to New Jersey to visit Battle.
On assists from Childress, son of former NBA and Wake Forrest guard Randolph Childress, Parker had a pair of second-half slams that boosted his teammates. “When he dunks, we get motivated,” said Wesleyan Christian forward Harry Giles, one of the top juniors in the nation. Giles led all scorers with 29 points, making 10-of-17 field goals and 9-of-11 free throws with University of North Carolina coach Roy Williams watching from near courtside. “We knew about the winning streak,” Giles said. “We just had to play basketball. We didn’t worry about that.”
Edging out the likes of Louisville, West Virginia, Utah, Syracuse, South Florida and Vanderbilt, Steven Claude made a verbal commitment to Dave Clawson and Wake Forest earlier this year. In the video below, Claude talks about his team’s success in 2014, the verbal pledge he issued to Wake Forest, what he brings to the table as a pass catcher and more.
Trenton Catholic Academy boys basketball coach Fred Falchi got exactly what he wanted from his team in its season opener. Stifling defense leading to easy baskets for the Iron Mikes’ two stars. Malachi Richardson scored 21 points, Myles Powell added 17 and TCA pulled away from Hun for a 49-31 victory in the Mercer County Boys & Girls Tip-Off Classic Saturday at the Iron Palace.
The game plan was centered on stopping two Lions who were ranked as two of the top 60 players in the nation in the class of 2016 in Matt Moyer, who has committed to Syracuse, and Nick Ward, who is being recruited by Michigan State and Louisville among other schools. The Cavalier defense held Moyer and Ward to 21 combined points. For Chillicothe, it was the best game defensively of the season as they forced double digit turnovers and frustrated the Gahanna offense.
Najee Clayton, the 6-3, 215-pounder, who was also a standout wide receiver for the Paladins, recorded 79 tackles and four interceptions this season. Currently, the No. 31 prospect on the NJ.com Top 50 list holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College, Georgia Tech, Iowa, Virginia and a few others.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017