Qaadir Sheppard will get started with his official visits Dec. 5 when he trips to Syracuse, but it appears his recruitment will play out a bit longer. The New Rochelle (N.Y.) Iona Prep defensive end also set trips to UCF (Dec. 12) and Connecticut (Jan. 23), and he is also considering North Carolina, which recently offered, as well as Boston College, Miami and Pittsburgh.
Franklin Howard is a very fluid athlete who does almost everything on the court with grace. He slinks between defenders and excels at taking short strides in traffic to maintain balance and take a high percentage attempt among tall defenders. At 6-6 and possessing a solid frame, he may project as more of a wing forward for Syracuse but certainly could play guard as well. He’s a gifted handler and creative passer who enjoys several effective options when he catches a pass in transition. He also can lead the break as the opportunity arises.
This week’s Poster of the Week winner is Wesleyan Christian Academy (High Point, N.C.) Harry Giles III for the poster he created in his season opener. Giles simply rose up over a defender with one hand and threw down a strong dunk on top of him. The momentum of the vicious poster coupled with a slight shove by the, obviously frustrated, defender sent Giles falling backward onto the hardwood; a small price to pay for the ultimate highlight.
Jamal Murray (Orangeville Prep): The 6-5 point guard from Toronto has achieved five-star status in the class of 2016, and Rivals.com ranks him as the No. 19 junior prospect. He has reported scholarship offers from Ohio State, Michigan State and several others. Teaming up with Thon Maker means Kentucky’s coaches will also see plenty of him over the next few months.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017