Thomas Bryant has long been considered one of the top prospects in the class of 2015 and as a senior he is the leader of a talented Huntington Prep squad. After an impressive weekend at the Phenom Hoops Showcase, Bryant made it clear that he is focused on three programs: Syracuse, Indiana and Missouri. The 6-10, 245 pound big man has visited all three schools and is sure that he will wait until the spring before announcing his decision.
Five-star guard Tyus Battle (Edison, NJ/Gill St. Bernard): Battle visited Michigan over the summer with Thornton, and is believed to have relatively high interest in the Wolverines. They made his top group, but the belief is that they likely trail Duke, Syracuse and possibly Kentucky for his services. Like Thornton, Battle is a potential one-and-done player in college and will be an immediate impact type player for whatever school he chooses. Michigan shouldn’t be considered a long shot per se, but chances are he ends up somewhere else.
Penn State didn’t waste much time targeting defensive linemen following the decommitment of Top247 tackle Adam McLean, as the Nittany Lions extended a scholarship offer to Pawling (N.Y.) Trinity-Pawling senior Austrian Robinson. The three-star prospect reported the offer on Tuesday evening on his Twitter account.
Every day, no matter where he goes, High Point Wesleyan basketball player Harry Giles gets asked The Question. Giles is a 6-foot-10 junior. Before he suffered a serious knee injury last year, he was the No. 1 ranked player in his class. And despite missing all of his sophomore season in high school, Giles is still No. 3 in the nation right now. And everybody wants to know where he’ll go to college. Giles has offers from Duke, N.C. State, North Carolina, Wake Forest and just about every major program you can think of.
Linked below is video of highly regarded 2017 point guard Trevon Duval courtesy of courtsideflims.com. 6-3, 175-pounds from Newark (N.J.) St Benedict’s Preparatory School, Duval’s most recent offer is from Louisville. Duval is No. 12 in the 247Sports rankings.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016