Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson joins hosts Robbie Gillies and Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast on SNY.tv to talk about the football team’s recent struggles. The duo then welcome former Syracuse basketball player Matt Tomaszewski to chat about his playing days with the Orange. Robbie and Wes then close by previewing the 2014-15 basketball season.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: What are the chances Syracuse can still make a bowl game?
Chris Carlson: There’s an opportunity. I don’t think they will. But I don’t think it’s impossible. At this point, you look at Wake Forest and North Carolina State as games Syracuse should win. Not necessarily will win. You look at Clemson as a game Syracuse should lose. You look at Duke as a game that Syracuse probably should lose. I’m not completely sold on Duke’s talent, but they’ve had pretty good results this year. That’s got you at 4-6. You have coin flip games against Pittsburgh and Boston College. So the odds of winning two coin flips are 25 percent. So you want to give Syracuse a 25 percent chance of making a bowl game, and that sounds about right to me right now.
The Juice Online: The last time we had heard from you, you played Brian Scalabrine in a one-on-one. Can you tell us about that experience?
Matt Tomaszewski: Apparently people in the Boston region were giving Salabrine a bunch of crap saying , yeah I think I could beat you one-on-one. So they said if you think you could beat him, to send in a video and we’ll call you back if you think you have any kind of chance. So I sent in my video and they liked it and they said come on down. I got to play a game, the first game. It was really good. I probably missed a couple opportunities that should’ve made it closer than what it was, but he had his reputation on the line and you could tell that he was not messing around. He was definitely throwing some ‘bos around there. But it was an awesome experience, and I wish I could’ve scored a couple of more points.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
3. What happened with George McDonald?
4. Thoughts on AJ Long and the game against Florida State
5. Can SU still go bowling?
6. Predictions for Syracuse
7. Former Syracuse basketball player Matt Tomaszewski calls in
8. One-on-one with Brian Scalabrine
9. What if Fab Melo or Arinze Onuaku had stayed healthy?
10. Robbie and Wes talk about the upcoming season
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016