Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson joins hosts Robbie Gillies and Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse Podcast on SNY.tv to talk about the football team’s recent struggles. The duo then welcome former Syracuse basketball player Matt Tomaszewski to chat about his playing days with the Orange. Robbie and Wes then close by previewing the 2014-15 basketball season.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: What are the chances Syracuse can still make a bowl game?
Chris Carlson: There’s an opportunity. I don’t think they will. But I don’t think it’s impossible. At this point, you look at Wake Forest and North Carolina State as games Syracuse should win. Not necessarily will win. You look at Clemson as a game Syracuse should lose. You look at Duke as a game that Syracuse probably should lose. I’m not completely sold on Duke’s talent, but they’ve had pretty good results this year. That’s got you at 4-6. You have coin flip games against Pittsburgh and Boston College. So the odds of winning two coin flips are 25 percent. So you want to give Syracuse a 25 percent chance of making a bowl game, and that sounds about right to me right now.
The Juice Online: The last time we had heard from you, you played Brian Scalabrine in a one-on-one. Can you tell us about that experience?
Matt Tomaszewski: Apparently people in the Boston region were giving Salabrine a bunch of crap saying , yeah I think I could beat you one-on-one. So they said if you think you could beat him, to send in a video and we’ll call you back if you think you have any kind of chance. So I sent in my video and they liked it and they said come on down. I got to play a game, the first game. It was really good. I probably missed a couple opportunities that should’ve made it closer than what it was, but he had his reputation on the line and you could tell that he was not messing around. He was definitely throwing some ‘bos around there. But it was an awesome experience, and I wish I could’ve scored a couple of more points.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Syracuse.com’s Chris Carlson calls in
3. What happened with George McDonald?
4. Thoughts on AJ Long and the game against Florida State
5. Can SU still go bowling?
6. Predictions for Syracuse
7. Former Syracuse basketball player Matt Tomaszewski calls in
8. One-on-one with Brian Scalabrine
9. What if Fab Melo or Arinze Onuaku had stayed healthy?
10. Robbie and Wes talk about the upcoming season
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017