Shooting guard Jamal Murray highlights Canada’s 12-man roster for the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship, but it’s the omission of Justin Jackson due to injury that has created a major buzz in the build-up to next month’s (8-16 August) tournament in Dubai. Head coach Dave DeAveiro has nominated eight players who helped Canada to a third-place finish at last summer’s FIBA Americas U16 Championship. “We’ve had a successful training camp and have begun to come together as a team,” said DeAveiro. “We’re looking forward to our final stage of preparation in France and competing in the world championship.”
- Jamal Murray highlights Canada’s roster for 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship
- Cheick Diallo showing plenty of interest in Kansas
- DePaul running back Kareem Walker makes splash in initial Rivals 2016 rankings
- What can the New York Giants expect from Ryan Nassib?
- Syracuse basketball targets heavily featured in latest 247Sports rankings
- Jarred Vanderbilt chips in 12 points and eight rebounds in Las Vegas Classic title game
- Syracuse, St. John’s to play in Carrier Dome on Dec. 6