Ryan Blake, Senior Director of NBA Scouting Operations, calls in to chat about Syracuse players in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about football and hoops recruiting.
Here are some highlights from the show:
The Juice Online: Tyler Ennis called himself the best point guard of the 2014 class in an interview last week. Do you agree?
Ryan Blake: That’s a confident comment and good for him. You want a point guard that’s confident, but in this draft, there’s a lot of good point guards. And in this draft, I call it the BPA, the best player available. And it’s also the old cliche that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You and I and many of your friends could sit in a room and talk about who is the best player and none of us would be wrong. But what Ennis brings, he offers something rare. Consistency. Efficiency and steadiness. He’s a no mistake type of guy. He can score. He can pass. He can defend. He’s a crafty point guard that can see the floor well. And depending on what team, system, culture, I don’t know if he’ll be the first point guard drafted, but he’s definitely coveted.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Ryan Blake, Senior Director of NBA Scouting Operations, calls in
3. Tyler Ennis the best PG?
4. Did Jerami Grant leave too soon?
5. Can CJ Fair make a team?
6. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Syracuse basketball, football commits
8. Celebrating 40 years of covering SU sports
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rallies, but falls short against North Carolina - May 1, 2017
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017