The New York Giants selected former Syracuse defensive lineman Jay Bromley with the 10th pick in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Bromley was the 74th overall pick, and joins former teammates Ryan Nassib and Justin Pugh on the Giants’ roster.
“Reminds you of a shorter Chris Canty the way he looks in his uniform,” Giants General Manager Jerry Reese said.
Bromley led SU in sacks (10.0) and tackles for loss (14.5) as a senior, and earned All-ACC third team honors. Over his four-year career, he had 33 career starts, 13 sacks and 24.5 tackles for a loss.
Syracuse went 7-6 in Bromley’s final year at Syracuse, and SU defeated Minnesota in the Texas Bowl, 21-17. He led a defense that was the only team in country not to allow an opposing player to rush for more than 100 yards.
Other former Syracuse players on the Giants roster include linebacker Jameel McClain, and head coach Tom Coughlin.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017