Syracuse will close the 2014 regular season by hosting Colgate. Here is a look at the game:
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse lost to Notre Dame in the ACC Championship 15-14. The game closely resembled SU’s win over Duke in the semifinals, with the Orange nearly eliminating a 15-10 deficit with 9:45 left. Syracuse scored five goals in the final period, including one that pulled the Orange to within one with 2:02 left. But SU’s two equalizers fell short when Billy Ward shot hit the post with 41 seconds left, and Kevin Rice’s shot was stopped by Notre Dame goalie Conor Kelly in the final seconds.
IN COLGATE’S LAST GAME: The Red Raiders were eliminated in the Patriot League Semifinals by Loyola, 12-6. As has been the case all season, the Greyhounds went on multiple runs, stringing together a 3-0, 4-0, and 3-0 run at various points to take control of the game. Loyola has had 25 such runs this season. Colgate was led by junior attackman Ryan Walsh, who scored three goals and hit the 30 goal plateau for the third straight season.
SCOUTING THE RED RAIDERS: Colgate faceoff specialist Alex Kinnealey will present another challenge for Chris Daddio. Kinnealey was named to the All-Patriot League All-Tournament Team after he won a combined 33 of 44 faceoffs. On the season, he ranks eighth in the NCAA with a .628 winning percentage and has also collected 7.13 ground balls per game. The aforementioned Walsh averages 2.0 goals per game, which is fifth in the Patriot League, and has 105 goals and 46 assists in his college career.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse leads the all-time series between the two teams, 43-11-1. The last time these two teams met was on May 2, 2009 with then-No. 1 Syracuse topping No. 19 Colgate 13-7. Tim Desko and Dan Hardy scored two goals apiece on Senior Day.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, May 3 at 4 p.m. at the Carrier Dome. TV: TWCS.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017