Syracuse will close the 2014 regular season by hosting Colgate. Here is a look at the game:
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse lost to Notre Dame in the ACC Championship 15-14. The game closely resembled SU’s win over Duke in the semifinals, with the Orange nearly eliminating a 15-10 deficit with 9:45 left. Syracuse scored five goals in the final period, including one that pulled the Orange to within one with 2:02 left. But SU’s two equalizers fell short when Billy Ward shot hit the post with 41 seconds left, and Kevin Rice’s shot was stopped by Notre Dame goalie Conor Kelly in the final seconds.
IN COLGATE’S LAST GAME: The Red Raiders were eliminated in the Patriot League Semifinals by Loyola, 12-6. As has been the case all season, the Greyhounds went on multiple runs, stringing together a 3-0, 4-0, and 3-0 run at various points to take control of the game. Loyola has had 25 such runs this season. Colgate was led by junior attackman Ryan Walsh, who scored three goals and hit the 30 goal plateau for the third straight season.
SCOUTING THE RED RAIDERS: Colgate faceoff specialist Alex Kinnealey will present another challenge for Chris Daddio. Kinnealey was named to the All-Patriot League All-Tournament Team after he won a combined 33 of 44 faceoffs. On the season, he ranks eighth in the NCAA with a .628 winning percentage and has also collected 7.13 ground balls per game. The aforementioned Walsh averages 2.0 goals per game, which is fifth in the Patriot League, and has 105 goals and 46 assists in his college career.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: Syracuse leads the all-time series between the two teams, 43-11-1. The last time these two teams met was on May 2, 2009 with then-No. 1 Syracuse topping No. 19 Colgate 13-7. Tim Desko and Dan Hardy scored two goals apiece on Senior Day.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, May 3 at 4 p.m. at the Carrier Dome. TV: TWCS.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016