SNY.tv basketball writer Adam Zagoria calls in to chat about Syracuse basketball with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. TJO Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in talk about the NBA futures of Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant.
Here are some highlights from the show:
The Juice Online: 2015 guard Franklin Howard is set to announce on April 14. What can you tell us about him?
Adam Zagoria: He’s a 6-4 shooting guard who missed this season with an ACL injury. I talked to the coach over there, Glen Farello, who said that obviously it would’ve helped him a lot to play this year, but he’s a highly regarded shooting guard. Paul VI is a well respected program out of Fairfax, Virginia. They say he’s going to be fully recovered from the injury. He’s a high IQ guy. Very competitive. Knows how to win, and kind of a combo guard. I don’t know which way he’s leaning, but he’s considering Maryland, Georgetown, Ohio State, Virginia, N.C. State as well as the Cuse.
TJO: Is Tyler Ennis definitely going to the NBA draft? And what did you think of Jim Boeheim’s comments about him on SportsCenter?
AZ: I did speak with Tyler’s father earlier today, Tony McIntyre, and he has not hired an agent yet. I still think he’s going to come out. He’s projected as a top 10, 12, 14 pick. As to what Boeheim said, Jim, he’s a Hall of Fame coach and he’s entitled to his opinion. He’s probably right that Tyler could use another year to get stronger and more physically ready. That said, I don’t think Jim comes off in the best light there, he comes off as he’s got a little sour grapes that Tyler’s leaving. He probably wanted him to stay and play the point for him next year, but it’s a tough situation when the money’s out there and you’re a guaranteed lottery pick. Who of us would turn that down?
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in
3. Franklin Howard’s recruitment
4. Tyler Ennis has an agent?
5. CJ Fair, Jerami Grant’s NBA chances
6. Can Kaleb Joseph step in and replace Ennis?
7. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. More on Ennis/Grant
9. Lax defeats Cornell
10. Upcoming game against UNC/ACC Tournament
11. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017