Marketing giant IMG has been helping Syracuse athletics score with some impressive sponsorship deals that are helping them continue to grow their team and their franchise. IMG is the world’s biggest sports marketer and its partnership with Orange athletics is one of many in the college sports segment.
Syracuse does not reveal its financial information in its deal with IMG, but West Virginia University is receiving a minimum of $7 million a year from the sports marketers and IMG makes an estimated $175 million annually for its clients across the country.
For SU a deal with IMG is the equivalent of hitting the jackpot at http://www.iphonecasino.com.au as even if it’s only a fraction of what West Virginia is making, it’s still a big slice of revenue.
With IMG at the helm of the Orange sponsorship and commercial contracts, the school’s sports programs have experienced immense growth. Partnerships with sponsors such as Crouse Hospital and Upstate Medical Center have also boosted the Syracuse brand, and other sponsors are expected to sign on for next season.
IMG has a contract with SU that covers full multi-media rights up until the 2020-21 season, and they sell everything from signage space at the Dome to advertising on football coach Scott Shafer’s headset. The deal ensures that they handle all of the SU marketing for men and women’s basketball and football and runs the associated radio programs that feature the coaches shows,and state-wide radio play-by-play for football, basketball and lacrosse, and all game programs.
All internet rights, game promotional rights, and event marketing rights are handled by IMG, and SU athletic facilities and uniforms are controlled by the media giant. The extensive amount of ad space inside the Dome is an advantage for IMG, and areas that are viewed regularly on TV, and by the maximum number of fans, are highly sought after by those who want to boost their marketing potential.
According to inside sources, IMG has a set payment amount that will be awarded to SU annually, with a percentage of revenue to be apportioned once a threshold is reached. Either way, the exclusive rights deals that are being signed by IMG on behalf of SU are looking to be rather lucrative and the Orange brand is definitely benefiting.
- Syracuse v. Miami Football Predictions - October 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Clemson Football Predictions - October 13, 2017
- Syracuse v. Pittsburgh Football Predictions - October 6, 2017
- Do moral victories mean anything for Syracuse football? - September 26, 2017
- Syracuse v. LSU Football Predictions - September 20, 2017
- Syracuse v. Central Michigan Football Predictions - September 15, 2017
- Syracuse v. Middle Tennessee State Predictions - September 8, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Lacrosse Championship: Syracuse predictions - May 9, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse: 2017 ACC championship predictions - April 27, 2017
- Mixed Juice: Reactions to Syracuse missing 2017 NCAA Tournament - March 13, 2017