Marketing giant IMG has been helping Syracuse athletics score with some impressive sponsorship deals that are helping them continue to grow their team and their franchise. IMG is the world’s biggest sports marketer and its partnership with Orange athletics is one of many in the college sports segment.
Syracuse does not reveal its financial information in its deal with IMG, but West Virginia University is receiving a minimum of $7 million a year from the sports marketers and IMG makes an estimated $175 million annually for its clients across the country.
For SU a deal with IMG is the equivalent of hitting the jackpot at http://www.iphonecasino.com.au as even if it’s only a fraction of what West Virginia is making, it’s still a big slice of revenue.
With IMG at the helm of the Orange sponsorship and commercial contracts, the school’s sports programs have experienced immense growth. Partnerships with sponsors such as Crouse Hospital and Upstate Medical Center have also boosted the Syracuse brand, and other sponsors are expected to sign on for next season.
IMG has a contract with SU that covers full multi-media rights up until the 2020-21 season, and they sell everything from signage space at the Dome to advertising on football coach Scott Shafer’s headset. The deal ensures that they handle all of the SU marketing for men and women’s basketball and football and runs the associated radio programs that feature the coaches shows,and state-wide radio play-by-play for football, basketball and lacrosse, and all game programs.
All internet rights, game promotional rights, and event marketing rights are handled by IMG, and SU athletic facilities and uniforms are controlled by the media giant. The extensive amount of ad space inside the Dome is an advantage for IMG, and areas that are viewed regularly on TV, and by the maximum number of fans, are highly sought after by those who want to boost their marketing potential.
According to inside sources, IMG has a set payment amount that will be awarded to SU annually, with a percentage of revenue to be apportioned once a threshold is reached. Either way, the exclusive rights deals that are being signed by IMG on behalf of SU are looking to be rather lucrative and the Orange brand is definitely benefiting.
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016