Andrew Kouwe and Wesley Cheng talk about Syracuse’s chances in the upcoming NCAA Tournament on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/140390327″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the show:
Wesley Cheng: What do you think about Syracuse being a 3 seed in the South and starting in Buffalo?
Andrew Kouwe: Obviously, I’m happy they’re playing in Buffalo. It’s going to be a great crowd. Having Connecticut and Villnova there, it’s kind of like a Big East Tournament in that region. It gives me a lot of confidence that we can get through the first round given the fact that we’ll have a big crowd on our hands. I’d actually prefer to play Ohio State over Dayton. I think that’s a better matchup for us. I think that Ohio State/Dayton game is going to be a great game.
WC: Who is in your Final Four?
AK: Right now, I have Iowa State for the East. I like Fred Hoiberg as a coach and I think they can make a good run in the tournament. Duke-Louisville, I went back and forth over who was going to win that game and I took Duke. I really like Parker, I really like Hood. And then Coach K. Even though Pitino, I don’t think Pitino has ever lost an Elite 8 game, I took Duke in that one. In the west, I went San Diego State. I haven’t seen Arizona play as much. I don’t think Creigton can go all the way. So San Diego State, that’s my sleeper team. Obviously with the south, you always go with your bias.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe joins Wes Cheng in studio
3. NCAA Tournament Preview
4. ACC Tournament Recap
7. What has to go right for Syracuse to get to the Final Four?
8. Closing thoughts and wrap up
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016