Andrew Kouwe and Wesley Cheng talk about Syracuse’s chances in the upcoming NCAA Tournament on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/140390327″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the show:
Wesley Cheng: What do you think about Syracuse being a 3 seed in the South and starting in Buffalo?
Andrew Kouwe: Obviously, I’m happy they’re playing in Buffalo. It’s going to be a great crowd. Having Connecticut and Villnova there, it’s kind of like a Big East Tournament in that region. It gives me a lot of confidence that we can get through the first round given the fact that we’ll have a big crowd on our hands. I’d actually prefer to play Ohio State over Dayton. I think that’s a better matchup for us. I think that Ohio State/Dayton game is going to be a great game.
WC: Who is in your Final Four?
AK: Right now, I have Iowa State for the East. I like Fred Hoiberg as a coach and I think they can make a good run in the tournament. Duke-Louisville, I went back and forth over who was going to win that game and I took Duke. I really like Parker, I really like Hood. And then Coach K. Even though Pitino, I don’t think Pitino has ever lost an Elite 8 game, I took Duke in that one. In the west, I went San Diego State. I haven’t seen Arizona play as much. I don’t think Creigton can go all the way. So San Diego State, that’s my sleeper team. Obviously with the south, you always go with your bias.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe joins Wes Cheng in studio
3. NCAA Tournament Preview
4. ACC Tournament Recap
7. What has to go right for Syracuse to get to the Final Four?
8. Closing thoughts and wrap up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017