Syracuse will return home for its final home game of the season against Georgia Tech. Here is a quick look at the game:
INJURIES GALORE: Think Syracuse has had it bad with injuries this season to DaJuan Coleman, and more recently, Jerami Grant? Georgia Tech raises you Robert Carter Jr. and Trae Golden. Carter Jr., the Yellow Jackets’ leading rebounder at 8.3 rebounds per game, missed 10 games this season with a knee injury suffered in its non-conference finale against Charlotte. Golden, the team’s leading scorer, has been limited with a groin injury, and missed games against Boston College and Clemson. Forward Jason Morris has been out indefinitely since the end of January with a broken right foot, while guard Solomon Poole was dismissed from the team in the same month because of “conduct and accountability issues.” Prior to that, Poole had missed time with migraines. All of that has led to another tough season for the Yellow Jackets, who haven’t made the NCAA tournament since 2010.
SCOUTING THE YELLOW JACKETS: Though Carter Jr. missed a large part of the season with his injury, the sophomore forward appears to be fully healthy. He has been dynamite in his last two games, scoring 19 points and adding 10 rebounds against Notre Dame, while collecting 20 points and six rebounds against Florida State (though both were losses). Carter Jr.’s presence on the glass will certainly be handy against the Orange, who were absolutely obliterated on the boards by Virginia on Saturday with its leading rebounder, Grant, nursing a back injury. Georgia Tech is a relatively solid rebounding group, with a 75 percent defensive rebounding percentage (16th in the NCAA).
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: The teams are 2-2 against each other all time. The last time these two teams met was on Nov. 27, 2010 in the Legends Classic in Atlantic City, NJ. Rick Jackson scored 10 points and added 14 rebounds as the Orange topped the Yellow Jackets 80-76.
GAME INFORMATION: Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at 7 p.m. at the Carrier Dome. TV: ESPN3/ACC Regional Network.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016