The Post-Standard’s Chris Carlson calls in to chat about Syracuse’s most recent loss to Boston College and looks ahead to Duke and the rest of the ACC schedule with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. TJO Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to talk about trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/136040938″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse obviously had a tough loss to BC earlier in the week. What was the mood like in the locker room after the game?
Chris Carlson: I was surprised at how well they handled it. Maybe it’s this team. Maybe it’s that it’s a pretty good bunch of guys. They were certainly down but everyone went through their interviews at their locker like they normally would and everyone seemed relatively eager to get back out there. I don’t think if it’s… last year’s team went through some losses and some bumps on the road and these guys are back. I don’t know if it’s the number of close games and the feeling they were going to lose one at some point. But I was a little surprised they weren’t more down, but I think that’s probably a good thing moving forward.
TJO: Is this a sign of things to come? It seems like the offense this year is going to have more games like that where you put up a lot of points.
CC: Yes, it’s absolutely a huge, huge benefit to Syracuse. Syracuse lost at home but it wasn’t a rivalry game. They were probably a little flat in that game to begin with. I think they have no problem getting up for Duke. Duke may have a problem getting themselves motivated for Syracuse. They wasted, or used, a lot of emotion in that North Carolina game. Coach Mike Krzyzewski said they looked flat in that game and they have this quick turnaround to play Syracuse again.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. The Post-Standard’s Chris Carlson calls in
3. Syracuse losing to BC
4. What’s up with CJ?
5. Tough stretch of games coming up
6. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
7. Biggest takeaway from the loss?
8. Trip down for the Duke game
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017