CuseConfidential.com‘s Ryan Murray calls in to break down Syracuse football’s 2014 NLI class with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast on SNY.tv. TJO Senior College Basketball Analyst and 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe is also in studio and analyzes Syracuse’s most recent win over Duke and looks forward at the rest of the season.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/133415427″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse ended up with 25 players on NLI day, what are your overall thoughts on this class?
Ryan Murray: I really like the depth of this class from the top player, KJ Williams all the way down to a two-star like Kayton Samuels. I think everyone on this national letter of intent day is going to be able to contribute to Syracuse very early. I’m not saying that they’ll be able to step in as true freshmen, but there will be a chance for everyone to compete for jobs redshirt freshmen year into their sophomore years. I think this is a very talented class and there were needs that were addressed in this class. They didn’t just go out and grab some top talent, they went out, knew where they needed to improve on and hit those areas. They should be very pleased.
TJO: George McDonald wants to play a high-octane, speedy style of football a la Texas Tech. Do you think this class addresses that need?
RM: I think this class fits the mold of what George McDonald’s looking for perfectly. They’re bringing in two athletic quarterbacks that can throw and run, and you look at the wide receivers and you have two guys on the outside with KJ Williams and Steve Ishmael and you’ve got Corey Cooper in the slot, those are three fast guys right there. Then two guys that they’ll probably convert into tight ends, Jamal Custis and Adly Enoicy are 6’6″ and 6’5″, so they’re going to be a mismatch when it comes to a safety or defensive back.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. CuseConfidential.com‘s Ryan Murray calls in
3. Overall thoughts on Syracuse’s incoming NLI class
4. Who will make the biggest impact?
5. Does this fall in like with George McDonald’s vision?
6. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe is in studio
7. Huge win over Duke
8. Cuse rising to No. 1
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017