CuseConfidential.com‘s Ryan Murray calls in to break down Syracuse football’s 2014 NLI class with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast on SNY.tv. TJO Senior College Basketball Analyst and 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe is also in studio and analyzes Syracuse’s most recent win over Duke and looks forward at the rest of the season.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/133415427″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse ended up with 25 players on NLI day, what are your overall thoughts on this class?
Ryan Murray: I really like the depth of this class from the top player, KJ Williams all the way down to a two-star like Kayton Samuels. I think everyone on this national letter of intent day is going to be able to contribute to Syracuse very early. I’m not saying that they’ll be able to step in as true freshmen, but there will be a chance for everyone to compete for jobs redshirt freshmen year into their sophomore years. I think this is a very talented class and there were needs that were addressed in this class. They didn’t just go out and grab some top talent, they went out, knew where they needed to improve on and hit those areas. They should be very pleased.
TJO: George McDonald wants to play a high-octane, speedy style of football a la Texas Tech. Do you think this class addresses that need?
RM: I think this class fits the mold of what George McDonald’s looking for perfectly. They’re bringing in two athletic quarterbacks that can throw and run, and you look at the wide receivers and you have two guys on the outside with KJ Williams and Steve Ishmael and you’ve got Corey Cooper in the slot, those are three fast guys right there. Then two guys that they’ll probably convert into tight ends, Jamal Custis and Adly Enoicy are 6’6″ and 6’5″, so they’re going to be a mismatch when it comes to a safety or defensive back.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. CuseConfidential.com‘s Ryan Murray calls in
3. Overall thoughts on Syracuse’s incoming NLI class
4. Who will make the biggest impact?
5. Does this fall in like with George McDonald’s vision?
6. 2003 National Champion Andrew Kouwe is in studio
7. Huge win over Duke
8. Cuse rising to No. 1
9. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017