SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to do a Syracuse basketball recruiting roundup and also touches on Tyler Ennis and Chris McCullough with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in to talk about SU’s win at Boston College and the new Syracuse sports stadium.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: There’s a lot of talk about Tyler Ennis being a one-and-one. You’ve been following him since his high school days, do you think that could happen?
Adam Zagoria: It just cracks me up that everyone is jumping on the Tyler Ennis bandwagon. We covered this kid at St. Benedict’s and we knew he was going to be good for a while. At the beginning of the season, I don’t think really people understood how good he could be. He wasn’t in the ESPN freshmen rankings at all. And now, all of the sudden, he’s No. 1 on the ESPN list and the bandwagon is getting a little too crowded. I don’t think at the beginning of the season people thought he could be one-and-done, but certainly if they keep going like they are and Syracuse looks like it could make a deep run in the tournament, that always helps people’s draft stock. If they get to a Final Four and he keeps playing like he is now, or at another level, it’ll be tough for him not to come out.
TJO: Where does the Malachi Richardson commitment leave Syracuse with Isaiah Briscoe?
AZ: Malachi and Isaiah are friendly and they’re different kind of players. Isaiah told me that Malachi coming in wouldn’t mean that Isaiah wouldn’t go there. Malachi is more of a shooter. Isaiah is more of a combo guard who can break guys down off the dribble so I think it’s possible that they could get both.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in
3. Will Tyler Ennis be one-and-done?
4. Thoughts on Chris McCullough
5. What impact does Malachi Richardson have on Isaiah Briscoe?
6. The latest on Derrick Jones, Thomas Bryant and Moustapha Diagne
7. Syracuse after 2016 guard Tyus Battle?
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Syracuse beats Boston College
9. Rumors about a new sports stadium
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: CJ Holmes names Syracuse to top three, Orange offers slew of Florida prospects - May 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from graduate transfer John Gillon - May 2, 2016