SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to do a Syracuse basketball recruiting roundup and also touches on Tyler Ennis and Chris McCullough with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in to talk about SU’s win at Boston College and the new Syracuse sports stadium.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/129523503″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=true&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: There’s a lot of talk about Tyler Ennis being a one-and-one. You’ve been following him since his high school days, do you think that could happen?
Adam Zagoria: It just cracks me up that everyone is jumping on the Tyler Ennis bandwagon. We covered this kid at St. Benedict’s and we knew he was going to be good for a while. At the beginning of the season, I don’t think really people understood how good he could be. He wasn’t in the ESPN freshmen rankings at all. And now, all of the sudden, he’s No. 1 on the ESPN list and the bandwagon is getting a little too crowded. I don’t think at the beginning of the season people thought he could be one-and-done, but certainly if they keep going like they are and Syracuse looks like it could make a deep run in the tournament, that always helps people’s draft stock. If they get to a Final Four and he keeps playing like he is now, or at another level, it’ll be tough for him not to come out.
TJO: Where does the Malachi Richardson commitment leave Syracuse with Isaiah Briscoe?
AZ: Malachi and Isaiah are friendly and they’re different kind of players. Isaiah told me that Malachi coming in wouldn’t mean that Isaiah wouldn’t go there. Malachi is more of a shooter. Isaiah is more of a combo guard who can break guys down off the dribble so I think it’s possible that they could get both.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in
3. Will Tyler Ennis be one-and-done?
4. Thoughts on Chris McCullough
5. What impact does Malachi Richardson have on Isaiah Briscoe?
6. The latest on Derrick Jones, Thomas Bryant and Moustapha Diagne
7. Syracuse after 2016 guard Tyus Battle?
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Syracuse beats Boston College
9. Rumors about a new sports stadium
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017