SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to do a Syracuse basketball recruiting roundup and also touches on Tyler Ennis and Chris McCullough with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in to talk about SU’s win at Boston College and the new Syracuse sports stadium.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: There’s a lot of talk about Tyler Ennis being a one-and-one. You’ve been following him since his high school days, do you think that could happen?
Adam Zagoria: It just cracks me up that everyone is jumping on the Tyler Ennis bandwagon. We covered this kid at St. Benedict’s and we knew he was going to be good for a while. At the beginning of the season, I don’t think really people understood how good he could be. He wasn’t in the ESPN freshmen rankings at all. And now, all of the sudden, he’s No. 1 on the ESPN list and the bandwagon is getting a little too crowded. I don’t think at the beginning of the season people thought he could be one-and-done, but certainly if they keep going like they are and Syracuse looks like it could make a deep run in the tournament, that always helps people’s draft stock. If they get to a Final Four and he keeps playing like he is now, or at another level, it’ll be tough for him not to come out.
TJO: Where does the Malachi Richardson commitment leave Syracuse with Isaiah Briscoe?
AZ: Malachi and Isaiah are friendly and they’re different kind of players. Isaiah told me that Malachi coming in wouldn’t mean that Isaiah wouldn’t go there. Malachi is more of a shooter. Isaiah is more of a combo guard who can break guys down off the dribble so I think it’s possible that they could get both.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in
3. Will Tyler Ennis be one-and-done?
4. Thoughts on Chris McCullough
5. What impact does Malachi Richardson have on Isaiah Briscoe?
6. The latest on Derrick Jones, Thomas Bryant and Moustapha Diagne
7. Syracuse after 2016 guard Tyus Battle?
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Syracuse beats Boston College
9. Rumors about a new sports stadium
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Recruiting Roundup: Elite 2017 prospect Hamidou Diallo to visit Syracuse - February 9, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: DeVaughn Cooper to choose between Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse loses out on Stewart Reese, Josh White - February 2, 2016
- Frank Howard dazzles as Syracuse rallies to defeat Georgia Tech - February 1, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Adrian Killins visits Syracuse, sets decision date - February 1, 2016