Former Syracuse basketball player and professional basketball trainer Rob McClanaghan calls in to discuss his time at Syracuse and his impressive clientele with hosts Andrew Kouwe and Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Wes and Andrew also chat about the Orange’s most recent win against St. John’s at Madison Square Garden.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/125468951″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You’ve worked with NBA stars such as Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Al Horford and Kevin Love. Who has been your favorite to work with?
Rob McClanaghan: I woudn’t say that I have a favorite to work out. The guys you named are all the hardest workers in the league. Guys I don’t like to work out are guys who come in and don’t give it their all and waste their time and waste my time. You have a few of those in and out. Luckily, the guys I’ve stuck with and who have stuck with me, Love, Westbrook, Durant, Rose, they’ve done a heck of a job. Steph Curry now. Those are some of the hardest workers in the league, and that’s why they’re right at the top every year.
TJO: When you were at Syracuse, you roomed with Billy Celuck. Can you tell us what that experience was like?
RM: Rooming with Bill was tougher than practice. It was quite the experience. Bill made me who I am today. Billy is one of the nicest kids you’ll ever meet. Coach Boeheim could be yelling at him, he could have a bad game, and he was always the same guy. Nothing ever affected this guy no matter what. He stuck right out, he was 7’1″. We roomed for two years. I didn’t have a car so I spent almost every second with Bill, and it was a lot of fun.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Former SU player and professional basketball trainer Rob McClanaghan calls in
3. Impressive clientele list
4. Memories of Syracuse
5. Rooming with SU center Billy Celuck
6. Going over the St. John’s game
7. Looking forward to Villanoa
8. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016