Former Syracuse basketball player and professional basketball trainer Rob McClanaghan calls in to discuss his time at Syracuse and his impressive clientele with hosts Andrew Kouwe and Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Wes and Andrew also chat about the Orange’s most recent win against St. John’s at Madison Square Garden.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/125468951″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You’ve worked with NBA stars such as Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Durant, Al Horford and Kevin Love. Who has been your favorite to work with?
Rob McClanaghan: I woudn’t say that I have a favorite to work out. The guys you named are all the hardest workers in the league. Guys I don’t like to work out are guys who come in and don’t give it their all and waste their time and waste my time. You have a few of those in and out. Luckily, the guys I’ve stuck with and who have stuck with me, Love, Westbrook, Durant, Rose, they’ve done a heck of a job. Steph Curry now. Those are some of the hardest workers in the league, and that’s why they’re right at the top every year.
TJO: When you were at Syracuse, you roomed with Billy Celuck. Can you tell us what that experience was like?
RM: Rooming with Bill was tougher than practice. It was quite the experience. Bill made me who I am today. Billy is one of the nicest kids you’ll ever meet. Coach Boeheim could be yelling at him, he could have a bad game, and he was always the same guy. Nothing ever affected this guy no matter what. He stuck right out, he was 7’1″. We roomed for two years. I didn’t have a car so I spent almost every second with Bill, and it was a lot of fun.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Former SU player and professional basketball trainer Rob McClanaghan calls in
3. Impressive clientele list
4. Memories of Syracuse
5. Rooming with SU center Billy Celuck
6. Going over the St. John’s game
7. Looking forward to Villanoa
8. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016