2015 Trenton Catholic (NJ) wing Malachi Richardson committed to Syracuse on Friday afternoon.
Richardson committed to SU after visiting the school on Dec. 3. The Orange defeated Indiana 69-52 as part of the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. He is a five-star recruit, and the No. 3 rated small forward in Scout.com’s 2015 class.
Richardson is the second commit for Orange head coach Jim Boeheim’s 2015 class, joining big man Tyler Lydon.
Richardson had many connections to Syracuse, including playing with current Syracuse forward Tyler Roberson at Roselle Catholic (NJ) and playing for Team Final, the same AAU program that Trevor Cooney played at.
“It would be amazing to go play for coach Boeheim at Syracuse,” Richardson told SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria prior to his commitment. “He’s a great coach. He’s an awesome guy, playing up at Syracuse is something that I’ve always wanted to do. They really have a good team with a great group of guys.”
Richardson had recently narrowed his list of schools to Syracuse, Villanova, Rutgers, Arizona, Indiana and UConn.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016