Syracuse legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in to discuss his coaching career, this year’s Syracuse basketball team and his jersey being retired later this season with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss the conclusion of the football season and the Texas Bowl.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/124523643″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You were recently named head coach of the Rochester Razorsharks. How has that been for you so far?
Lawrence Moten: It’s been very well. It’s been very exciting training camp that I’ve been doing that we started Monday. There are about 30 guys and I have to narrow it down to 15. These are 30 very talented guys, very energetic, good competition and it’s going to be a tough decision, but I know I’ll make the right choice for me as a coach, our organization and our team.
TJO: What do you think of this year’s Syracuse basketball team?
LM: I love the guys. I come up to Syracuse a lot. I try to catch at least two games a year. I do Jim Boeheim’s camp every summer. I feel like we have a very good team this year. I think we’ll get at least 25, 26 wins this year. We’re guaranteed 20, so mark that down. We’re always guaranteed 20. The guys are playing well. I’m a big Grant fan. I love Jerami. One of the reasons is because I taught him in elementary. He grew up in Maryland and I know his father (Harvey), I played with his father with the Washington Wizards.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SU legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in
3. Coaching the Razorsharks
4. Coaching style and philosophy
5. Thoughts on current Syracuse basketball team
6. Thoughts on jersey retirement
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. A look forward to the Texas Bowl
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes cuts for Lonnie Walker, Jordan Tucker - August 26, 2016
- Adelson: Syracuse football improved, but still ‘four to five’ win team - August 24, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Ethan Thompson talking to Syracuse about visit - August 12, 2016