Syracuse legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in to discuss his coaching career, this year’s Syracuse basketball team and his jersey being retired later this season with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss the conclusion of the football season and the Texas Bowl.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You were recently named head coach of the Rochester Razorsharks. How has that been for you so far?
Lawrence Moten: It’s been very well. It’s been very exciting training camp that I’ve been doing that we started Monday. There are about 30 guys and I have to narrow it down to 15. These are 30 very talented guys, very energetic, good competition and it’s going to be a tough decision, but I know I’ll make the right choice for me as a coach, our organization and our team.
TJO: What do you think of this year’s Syracuse basketball team?
LM: I love the guys. I come up to Syracuse a lot. I try to catch at least two games a year. I do Jim Boeheim’s camp every summer. I feel like we have a very good team this year. I think we’ll get at least 25, 26 wins this year. We’re guaranteed 20, so mark that down. We’re always guaranteed 20. The guys are playing well. I’m a big Grant fan. I love Jerami. One of the reasons is because I taught him in elementary. He grew up in Maryland and I know his father (Harvey), I played with his father with the Washington Wizards.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SU legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in
3. Coaching the Razorsharks
4. Coaching style and philosophy
5. Thoughts on current Syracuse basketball team
6. Thoughts on jersey retirement
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. A look forward to the Texas Bowl
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Ohio State still involved in VJ King recruitment — Cuse Clicks - December 19, 2014
- Maryland, Wake Forest latest to offer Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - December 18, 2014
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson may be ‘best shooter’ in NJ — Cuse Clicks - December 17, 2014
- Syracuse picks up verbal from Pennsylvania TE/DE Amir Ealey — Cuse Clicks - December 15, 2014
- Kentucky still alive in Thomas Bryant sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - December 11, 2014
- Breaking down the start to Syracuse basketball’s season - December 11, 2014
- Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski meets with Tyus Battle — Cuse Clicks - December 10, 2014
- Jamal Murray stars at Hoopfest, may reclassify to 2015 — Cuse Clicks - December 8, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, St. John’s 69 - December 6, 2014
- St. John’s Red Storm — 2014-15 Syracuse basketball scouting report with Storm the Paint - December 5, 2014