Syracuse legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in to discuss his coaching career, this year’s Syracuse basketball team and his jersey being retired later this season with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also calls in to discuss the conclusion of the football season and the Texas Bowl.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/124523643″ params=”color=ff6600&auto_play=false&show_artwork=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You were recently named head coach of the Rochester Razorsharks. How has that been for you so far?
Lawrence Moten: It’s been very well. It’s been very exciting training camp that I’ve been doing that we started Monday. There are about 30 guys and I have to narrow it down to 15. These are 30 very talented guys, very energetic, good competition and it’s going to be a tough decision, but I know I’ll make the right choice for me as a coach, our organization and our team.
TJO: What do you think of this year’s Syracuse basketball team?
LM: I love the guys. I come up to Syracuse a lot. I try to catch at least two games a year. I do Jim Boeheim’s camp every summer. I feel like we have a very good team this year. I think we’ll get at least 25, 26 wins this year. We’re guaranteed 20, so mark that down. We’re always guaranteed 20. The guys are playing well. I’m a big Grant fan. I love Jerami. One of the reasons is because I taught him in elementary. He grew up in Maryland and I know his father (Harvey), I played with his father with the Washington Wizards.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. SU legend and Rochester Razorsharks head coach Lawrence Moten calls in
3. Coaching the Razorsharks
4. Coaching style and philosophy
5. Thoughts on current Syracuse basketball team
6. Thoughts on jersey retirement
7. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. A look forward to the Texas Bowl
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016