Boston College blogger Bill Maloney from ATLEagle.com calls in to talk about the upcoming Syracuse game against Boston College with host Wes Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte also calls in to chat about SU’s win over Minnesota in the Maui Invitational.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/122012132″ width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are some highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: This season has to be a surprise to Boston College fans given that BC was picked to finish at the bottom of the ACC during the preseason.
Bill Maloney: I think the season has gone better than most anticipated, but it’s not a total surprise. I think the schedule was somewhat favorable and I think the remaining talent from last year’s team was decent. So I think a lot of BC fans were thinking six wins. Seven wins is obviously exceeding that, but the team really underachieved under former coach Frank Spaziani.
TJO: Andre Williams is a legitimate Heisman contender. Tell us about his style of play.
BM: He’s not particular fancy. Syracuse fans remember four years ago when BC last played at the Carrier Dome, he carried the ball a ridiculous amount of times in that game as well. He’s not a Barry Sanders type that is going to dart around people. His breakaway speed isn’t all that great. He just pounds you. He breaks tackles and runs over 2-3 guys, and sometimes he has daylight to the endzone. That’s his style. It’s not pretty. It’s not unique. It’s not like BC is doing anything that’s new to football. It’s just old school run the guy over and head to daylight.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Bill Maloney from ATLEagle.com calls in
3. Boston College exceeding expectations
4. Heisman hype around Andre Williams
5. Predictions on the game
6. TJO Senior Columnist Jim Stechschulte calls in
7. Syracuse beats Minnesota at Maui
8. Defense stepping up in final minutes
9. CJ Fair’s dunk and gash
10. Final thoughts and wrap up
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016