As Syracuse prepares to head down to Florida State to play the Seminoles, we take a look at NCAA football betting game picks for this week. If you’re looking for the inside information on what to bet on, try the SportBet Blog. In this article they talk about the Jadeveon Clowney effect the Gators are experiencing.
Georgia Tech @ Clemson (-10.5)
The ACC Coastal Division is still very much up for grabs. A win from the Jackets would give them a 6-2 league record and at the very least, a share of the Coastal title. Georgia Tech could clinch outright if Georgia Tech wins and Virginia Tech AND Miami both lose. Whoever wins, they will be matched up against Florida State, who easily clinched a spot in the ACC championship game.
Maryland @ Virginia Tech (-16)
Virginia Tech, like Georgia Tech, is in position to win the Coastal. They will need to win their two remaining games (the Hokies also play at Virginia to close the season), and will need Duke to lose one of their remaining games. Still, it’s a disappointing season for Virginia Tech, which dropped back-to-back games against Boston College and Duke after starting the season 6-1. Plus, they’ve lost kicker Cody Journell, who was dismissed from the team on Wednesday.
Miami (FL) (-3) @ Duke
Miami is another team that is in the mix for the Coastal. They need to win out plus have the Hokies lose a game. There’s no shortage of drama in the Coastal division. Meanwhile, Duke has qualified for a bowl game for the second straight year, having given up just 14.75 points per game in their last four games.
North Carolina State @ Boston College (-7.5)
One of the biggest surprises of the ACC has to be Boston College. Picked to finish at or near the bottom of every single preseason ACC poll, the Eagles need just one more win to qualify for the postseason. Still, the Eagles are playing without Kaleb Ramsey, Jaryd Rudolph, Sean Sylvia, Harrison Jackson, Brian Miller and Spiffy Evans, all of whom have dealt with injuries over the past two weeks. They will be playing the most disappointing team in NC State, which is winless in six conference games.
North Carolina (-1) @ Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is just one win from bowl eligibility thanks to an upset of No. 23 Notre Dame. Irish QB Tommy Rees threw a pair of interceptions in the fourth-quarter, destroying any outside hope the Notre Dame had of making a BCS game. Pitt running back James Conner only rushed 10 times for 35 yards, but two of those rushes were for touchdowns, including the eventual game-winning score with 9:36 remaining.
Syracuse @ Florida State (-39)
When is the last time Syracuse faced a line like this? You’d have to go back to 2007 under the Greg Robinson era when the Orange was 37 point underdogs against Louisville. Well, the Orange won that game. It can happen again, right? Right? #crickets
- Mixed Juice: 2016 Syracuse football predictions - August 19, 2016
- Mixed Juice: Who will start for 2016-17 Syracuse basketball? - July 29, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: Parity is the new normal - May 23, 2016
- Thoughts on athletic director Mark Coyle’s departure from Syracuse - May 12, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse: ACC Tournament predictions - April 28, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Zagoria breaks down Syracuse basketball’s loss against North Carolina - April 3, 2016
- Part II — Syracuse basketball Final Four Predictions - March 31, 2016
- Syracuse basketball: Final Four Predictions Part I - March 30, 2016
- SNY.tv Video: Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim discusses win over Virginia - March 28, 2016
- A look at the Sweet 16 - March 23, 2016