Syracuse will try for its first ACC conference win when they travel to North Carolina to take on the Wolfpack:
POSSIBLE RETURN: NC State quarterback Brandon Mitchell may make his first appearance since Week 1 when the Wolfpack host the Orange. Mitchell, a transfer from Arkansas, led NC State to touchdowns on each of its first two possessions of the season against Louisiana Tech, tallying 93 yards passing and 19 yards rushing. But he broke his foot on the third possession and hasn’t played since. The good news for the Wolfpack is Mitchell was recently medically cleared, and head coach Dave Doeren said that there is a chance that Mitchell plays against SU. Pete Thomas, who also transferred from Colorado State, has thrown for 1163 yards and two touchdowns in Mitchell’s absence, but he’s also been intercepted seven times.
SCOUTING THE WOLFPACK: NC State’s offense employs its quarterback as a rushing option. Thomas, who is by no means a speedster, has rushed for 153 yards and a pair of touchdowns after rushing for a combined -153 yards his first two years at Colorado State. Mitchell is a more mobile quarterback and would give the Syracuse defense more trouble in that department. WR Bryan Underwood has been used all across the board in the Wolfpack offense. He leads the team in receiving (268 yards) and has also accumulated 101 yards on the ground. But Underwood is perhaps best known for the 83-yard touchdown against Clemson that never was. While one official ruled touchdown, he was overruled by another official who said that Underwood had stepped out of bounds.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: North Carolina State is 6-0 against Syracuse. The last time these two teams met was in 1998, when the Wolfpack downed the Orangemen 38-17. WR Torry Holt had six catches for 132 yards while QB Jamie Barnette ran for a pair of touchdowns and threw another.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:30 p.m. at Carter-Finley Stadium. TV: ACC Network.
- What kind of freshman season will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson have? - April 17, 2015
- Maryland latest to offer 2017 guard Trevon Duval — Cuse Clicks - April 16, 2015
- Syracuse offers 6-foot-11, 2017 forward Mohammed Bamba — Cuse Clicks - April 15, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates Hobart from every angle - April 15, 2015
- Kentucky latest to jump in Kobi Simmons sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - April 14, 2015
- Syracuse Alumni Team adds Demetris Nichols to roster, could add Andy Rautins, Paul Harris - April 14, 2015
- Jamal Murray shines in Nike Hoop Summit championship — Cuse Clicks - April 13, 2015
- North Carolina holds off Syracuse lacrosse’s rally for 17-15 win - April 12, 2015
- Former Syracuse basketball star Eric Devendorf excited for The Basketball Tournament - April 10, 2015
- Syracuse wraps up ACC play against North Carolina - April 10, 2015