Sean Keeley from NunesMagician.com calls in to talk about the quarterback situation with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in chief Brad Bierman also calls in to remember the late Rob Edson, the former Syracuse official who passed away over the weekend.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/111126717″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: You had an article today called I Get It, Drew Allen where you come to his defense. Can you talk about that?
Sean Keeley: He’s a guy who is clearly frustrated and kind of angry with the situation he’s in right now as a backup. All signs point to Terrel Hunt keeping that starting job moving forward, basically just kind of crushing Drew Allen’s idea of what this season was going to be. This was going to be his springboard, his chance to shine and it just hasn’t worked out that way. I was watching this and I think there’s some people who will think that this is sour grapes, that he’s being delusional or something like that, but it’s one of those things where I know the feeling. I know the feeling where something went wrong and everyone knows it, and now you have to move forward around that and I’m sure it’s frustrating. He has to do it on a public stage and I kind of empathized with him.
TJO: Where do you see Syracuse finishing in the ‘Quest for Belk’?
SK: We’re going to see something very similar to last year, or at least it’s going to set up that way. I expect the team to come out 2-2 after the first four games, which I think, if we’re all honest, we all expected to happen anyway. After that when they into ACC play, it’s tough for a couple of weeks, and then the last five games, one of them is Florida State which is going to be a really tough game, but other than that […] they all feel winnable. Not that I’m saying they will win. Win those four games, you’re 6-6.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. NunesMagician.com’s Sean Keeley calls in
3. Quarterbacks, freshman, Uniforms, school spirit, and more
4. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
5. Remembering Rob Edson
6. Syracuse/Wagner recap
7. Drew Allen and Terrel Hunt
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017