Mike McAllister from CuseNation.com calls in to talk about the latest in Syracuse football recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on The Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in chief Brad Bierman also calls in to chat about Syracuse’s slow start to the 2013 season.
[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/109754723″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: Syracuse received a commitment from 6’6″ wide receiver Jamal Custis. How big of a get is that for the Orange?
Mike McAllister: He’s big literally and figuratively. He’s got the 6-foot-6, 220 pound frame, which is kind of the ideal frame that you’d like to see for someone who’s been in college for a couple of years and still in high school. It means that he’s got a lot to work with and he’s the type of player they can use as a mismatch: Maybe too fast or too quick for linebackers to cover but is too big for a traditional corner, especially when you look at him in the red zone weapon. His future at Syracuse is maybe putting on a little bit more weight and being a wide receiver, tight end hybrid.
TJO: Has the Scott Shafer era produced better recruits so far?
MM: It’s the best that Syracuse has been in the last couple of years. They have the potential to be somewhere in the 45-55 range, which considering the fact that Syracuse has started 0-2, yet each of the Sundays after a disappointing loss, Syracuse has added a commitment. The fact that the class is sticking together, they love Syracuse, they’re optimistic about the future, it tells you that it’s not time to panic, and the recruiting should be considered encouraging.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. CuseNation.com’s Mike McAllister calls in
3. Jamal Custis commitment
4. Losing out on Qadree Ollison
5. What are the biggest names SU is pursuing?
6. How has Scott Shafer recruited?
7. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Slow start to the season
9. Time to switch QBs?
10. Syracuse fans overreacting?
11. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016