Syracuse.com football beat writer Michael Cohen joins us to talk about the upcoming football season and the latest on the quarterback competition. Wes Cheng then welcomes Brad Bierman to talk more football and the basketball team’s trip to Canada on The Juice on the Cuse podcast on SNY.
Here are the highlights from the interview:
The Juice Online: What’s the latest on the quarterback situation between Drew Allen and Terrel Hunt?
Michael Cohen: Right now, you hate to say ‘neck-and-neck’ because it is so cliche, but I really think it is neck-and-neck. Terrel Hunt had a bit leeway because he performed so well in the spring and Drew Allen was new, but Tim Lester, quarterbacks coach, said that Allen closed that gap really quickly. And now it’s just two guys fighting it out. The one big difference I’ve seen in the limited amount of practice that we’re allowed to watch is that Terrel Hunt seems to prefer the 10 to 15 yard throws, very short, a lot of dump offs. Allen isn’t afraid to take a shot down the field.
TJO: A lot of preseason polls have Syracuse at the bottom of the ACC. Do you see a way they can climb more toward the middle?
MC: I think that Syracuse has a good chance to go 6-6 this year. If they can go 6-6 and reach a bowl game, I think that’s a great season under Scott Shafer, the first year in the ACC. I think the biggest way they can get above that and maybe make a push for 7 or 8 wins is to have one of the two quarterbacks emerge.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Michael Cohen, football beat writer for Syracuse.com, calls in
3. The QB battle
4. Other position battles
5. ACC predictions
6. Covering recruiting
7. The Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. The beginning of the Scott Shafer era and ACC Kickoff
9. Cuse / Clemson, the 1st ACC conference home game at the Carrier Dome
10. Hoops in Canada
11. Tyler Ennis and other players to watch for
12. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 47, Virginia 59 - March 2, 2015
- Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne named MVP of H/W/S title game — Cuse Clicks - March 2, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 54, Duke 73 - February 28, 2015
- If Syracuse basketball was eligible, it would be squarely on the bubble - February 27, 2015
- Tyus Battle injures foot with Michigan, Notre Dame watching — Cuse Clicks - February 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Notre Dame 60 - February 24, 2015
- 2016 forward Kassoum Yakwe to visit Iowa State — Cuse Clicks - February 24, 2015
- Combo guard Kobi Simmons has racked up 39 offers — Cuse Clicks - February 23, 2015
- Former Syracuse star CJ Fair to Orange fans: ‘Keep hope alive’ - February 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 65 - February 21, 2015