Syracuse, named a No. 1 seed, will play Bryant in the first round of the NCAA tournament next Sunday at 7:30 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. Syracuse will be seeking its 12th national championship, and its first since 2009.
The matchup was announced during the NCAA selection show on Sunday evening. The winner of that game will play the winner of Yale/8th seed Penn State at College Park, Md. on May 18.
The Orange won its second straight Big East Tournament championship on Saturday, topping Villanova, 13-9, in the title game. It was SU’s fourth conference title in the four-year history of the league.
Syracuse improved to 13-3 on the season, as Kevin Rice was named the Big East Championship’s Most Outstanding Player. All Tournament selections included JoJo Marasco, Dominic Lamolinara and David Hamlin.
The Bulldogs secured the Northeast Conference bid with a 14-7 win over Robert Morris on Saturday. NEC Tournament MVP Peter McMahon led the way with his third-straight hat trick.
It is the school’s first ever NCAA tournament bid.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017