Syracuse, named a No. 1 seed, will play Bryant in the first round of the NCAA tournament next Sunday at 7:30 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. Syracuse will be seeking its 12th national championship, and its first since 2009.
The matchup was announced during the NCAA selection show on Sunday evening. The winner of that game will play the winner of Yale/8th seed Penn State at College Park, Md. on May 18.
The Orange won its second straight Big East Tournament championship on Saturday, topping Villanova, 13-9, in the title game. It was SU’s fourth conference title in the four-year history of the league.
Syracuse improved to 13-3 on the season, as Kevin Rice was named the Big East Championship’s Most Outstanding Player. All Tournament selections included JoJo Marasco, Dominic Lamolinara and David Hamlin.
The Bulldogs secured the Northeast Conference bid with a 14-7 win over Robert Morris on Saturday. NEC Tournament MVP Peter McMahon led the way with his third-straight hat trick.
It is the school’s first ever NCAA tournament bid.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016