Former Syracuse football star Rob Long calls into talk about his work for Race for Hope and his part in supporting research initiatives and information for brain tumor patients and their families. After being diagnosed with a brain tumor on Dec. 2. 2010, he is now cancer free. He race will be this Sunday, May 5, in Washington, DC. We also asked him about his thoughts on Syracuse and the NFL draft. Editor-in-chief Brad Bierman calls in to discuss SU lacrosse and the postseason.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO: Rob, tell us more about the Race for Hope.
Rob Long: It’s a really great event. We’ve been doing it for three years now since I was diagnosed and we go down to DC, me and my family. We started “Team 47” and we’ve grown every year and we’re almost at 40 people. We’ve raised $5,000 this year and it call goes toward finding a cure toward brain tumors and brain cancer.
TJO: What are your predictions for the 2013 football season?
RL: I think Coach Shafer is going to do great. He’s done a great job of recruiting, especially with the transition in coaching staff. It’s always better when a coach leaves on his own accord, and when the coach is promoted. It means a lot for the program. It’s going in the right direction. I think we can get 8-9 wins this season and make an impact in the ACC.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Former Syracuse football star and cancer survivor Rob Long calls in
3. Race for Hope
4. What he’s been up to since Syracuse
5. NFL draft talk
6. Thoughts on the state of Syracuse football
7. The Juice Online editor-in-chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Syracuse lacrosse advances to the Big East Championship Finals
9. A look at the NCAA tournament
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017