Former Syracuse football star Rob Long calls into talk about his work for Race for Hope and his part in supporting research initiatives and information for brain tumor patients and their families. After being diagnosed with a brain tumor on Dec. 2. 2010, he is now cancer free. He race will be this Sunday, May 5, in Washington, DC. We also asked him about his thoughts on Syracuse and the NFL draft. Editor-in-chief Brad Bierman calls in to discuss SU lacrosse and the postseason.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO: Rob, tell us more about the Race for Hope.
Rob Long: It’s a really great event. We’ve been doing it for three years now since I was diagnosed and we go down to DC, me and my family. We started “Team 47” and we’ve grown every year and we’re almost at 40 people. We’ve raised $5,000 this year and it call goes toward finding a cure toward brain tumors and brain cancer.
TJO: What are your predictions for the 2013 football season?
RL: I think Coach Shafer is going to do great. He’s done a great job of recruiting, especially with the transition in coaching staff. It’s always better when a coach leaves on his own accord, and when the coach is promoted. It means a lot for the program. It’s going in the right direction. I think we can get 8-9 wins this season and make an impact in the ACC.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Former Syracuse football star and cancer survivor Rob Long calls in
3. Race for Hope
4. What he’s been up to since Syracuse
5. NFL draft talk
6. Thoughts on the state of Syracuse football
7. The Juice Online editor-in-chief Brad Bierman calls in
8. Syracuse lacrosse advances to the Big East Championship Finals
9. A look at the NCAA tournament
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016