CJ Fair will return to Syracuse for his senior season, he announced in a statement Wednesday.
“After talking it over with my family and coaches, I decided another year at Syracuse was best for me,” Fair said in the release. “I’m excited about working hard with my teammates to put together another great season and graduating has also been a goal of mine.”
Fair led the team in scoring (14.5 ppg), rebounding (6.9 rpg) and 3-point shooting (46% 3pt) during his junior season. He lead Syracuse to the national semifinals, where they were eliminated by Michigan.
“This is great news for our basketball program and for CJ,” Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. “I believe he’s just going to keep getting better and better as a basketball player and earning his degree is important.”
The move seemed to be a shrewd one for Fair, as he was not projected on NBAdraft.net, either in the first or second round.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017