Item: Heading into the regular season finale, it’s been a topsy-turvy Syracuse lacrosse ride this season.
Would you have believed it before the season if we told you that at 10-3 before facing Big East co-leader (and top-ranked in one poll) Notre Dame Saturday at MetLife Stadium, those loses would be versus Albany, Villanova and Hobart, and not among Virginia, Johns Hopkins, Princeton or Cornell?
We didn’t think so.
Throw in a slew (eight) of one-goal games (5-3 record) and it’s easy to see that the season parallels the national picture in which now six teams have jockeyed for the number one spot in the weekly polls, and forecasting what should be a wide-open NCAA Tournament that for the first time will include a quarterfinal round site outside of the traditional eastern seaboard part of the country with a doubleheader at Lucas Oil Stadium in NCAA hometown Indianapolis.
The Orange can be the top-seed in next week’s Big East Tournament by beating the Irish Sat. and if Villanova loses to Providence, but they can also be the third seed if they lose to N.D. no matter what Villanova does because of the stinging 11-10 regular season loss to the ‘Cats. It’s been exactly that kind of season.
- Orange Watch: No place like Dome highlights early 2015 Syracuse football schedule - January 29, 2015
- Orange Watch: Could Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim be in for first losing season? - January 28, 2015
- Orange Watch: Interesting week to watch how Syracuse basketball bounces back - January 20, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse eyes another inductee into Pro Football Hall of Fame - January 13, 2015
- College Hoops – With Chris McCullought out, Sportbet has line on next game at 8.5 - January 12, 2015
- Orange Watch: How does Syracuse compare to ACC opponents, Part II - January 7, 2015
- Orange Watch: Stacking up Syracuse basketball’s ACC opponents, Part I - January 6, 2015
- Orange Watch: Early ACC schedule shakes out favorably for Syracuse basketball - December 30, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 85, Long Beach State 67 - December 28, 2014
- A Christmas wish list for Syracuse fans - December 25, 2014