Syracuse had its four-game losing streak snapped earlier in the week against Hobart. They will try to start a new one when they travel to Washington, D.C. this weekend to take on the Hoyas.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse lost to Hobart for the first time since 2006, dropping a 13-12 decision. They lost the Kraus-Simmons Trophy for just the third time in 28 games. SU blew a 8-4 lead in the second half, and had problems scoring in the fourth quarter, as Statesmen goalie Peter Zonino notched 18 saves.
IN GEORGETOWN’s LAST GAME: Georgetown was downed by Notre Dame 10-8 after relinquishing a four goal lead in the first half. Though the Hoyas took a 6-5 lead into halftime, Notre Dame allowed just three goals in the final 45:07 of the game. Irish freshman Trevor Brosco won 10-of-19 faceoffs against Georgetown’s Tyler Knarr, who came into the contest ranked fourth in the NCAA in faceoff winning percentage (.647).
SCOUTING THE HOYAS: Sophomore attackman Reilly O’Connor has been Georgetown’s top gun, leading the team with 22 goals and 20 assists. He’s been named to the Big East Honor Roll three times, though he was held to a quiet one goal, two assist game in the loss to the Irish. O’Connor is the only attackman to start every game this season, with Brian Casey and Jeff Fountain being out with injures. Fountain has 24 points, good for second on the team.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: This will be the 22nd game between the two teams, with the Orange holding a 16-5 record against the Hoyas. Last year, Syracuse coughed the ball up 22 times and Georgetown goalie Matt Winter notched 12 saves as the Orange lost 10-8 on Senior Day.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 1 p.m. in Washingto, D.C. Radio: ESPN 97.7 FM.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017