Syracuse had its four-game losing streak snapped earlier in the week against Hobart. They will try to start a new one when they travel to Washington, D.C. this weekend to take on the Hoyas.
IN SYRACUSE’S LAST GAME: Syracuse lost to Hobart for the first time since 2006, dropping a 13-12 decision. They lost the Kraus-Simmons Trophy for just the third time in 28 games. SU blew a 8-4 lead in the second half, and had problems scoring in the fourth quarter, as Statesmen goalie Peter Zonino notched 18 saves.
IN GEORGETOWN’s LAST GAME: Georgetown was downed by Notre Dame 10-8 after relinquishing a four goal lead in the first half. Though the Hoyas took a 6-5 lead into halftime, Notre Dame allowed just three goals in the final 45:07 of the game. Irish freshman Trevor Brosco won 10-of-19 faceoffs against Georgetown’s Tyler Knarr, who came into the contest ranked fourth in the NCAA in faceoff winning percentage (.647).
SCOUTING THE HOYAS: Sophomore attackman Reilly O’Connor has been Georgetown’s top gun, leading the team with 22 goals and 20 assists. He’s been named to the Big East Honor Roll three times, though he was held to a quiet one goal, two assist game in the loss to the Irish. O’Connor is the only attackman to start every game this season, with Brian Casey and Jeff Fountain being out with injures. Fountain has 24 points, good for second on the team.
HISTORICALLY SPEAKING: This will be the 22nd game between the two teams, with the Orange holding a 16-5 record against the Hoyas. Last year, Syracuse coughed the ball up 22 times and Georgetown goalie Matt Winter notched 12 saves as the Orange lost 10-8 on Senior Day.
GAME INFORMATION: Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 1 p.m. in Washingto, D.C. Radio: ESPN 97.7 FM.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016