SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to talk about Syracuse’s future and gives a preview of the NBA draft. Follow Adam for hoops, recruiting and rock and roll on Twitter. The Juice Online college basketball analyst Andrew Kouwe also gives his take on Syracuse’s basketball season, CJ Fair’s NBA plans and Jim Boeheim’s future.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO: Adam, Michael Carter-Williams may be leaving, but Tyler Ennis seems to be a very good fit for Syracuse. He played well in the Jordan Brand Classic. What should Syracuse fans expect from him?
AZ: I’ve been covering Tyler for 2-3 years now at St. Benedict’s and he’s a tremendous player. He played very well in the Jordan game playing alongside Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle. He’s mature, he should be ready to slide in there at the point. He’s played AAU ball with Andrew Wiggins, arguably the best non-NBA player in the world. He’s play with some other really good players on that CIA Bounce team. He’s used to playing at a very high level.
TJO: Speaking of MCW, how do you see him doing in the NBA?
AZ: He’s an example of a guy who has to come out now because the money is guaranteed and because this draft is a lot weaker than next year’s draft is going to be. That being said, theoretically, he’s a guy that could benefit from another year in college to get stronger and to work on some different things. It wouldn’t shock me if he’s in the D-League a year from now or at the end of someone’s bench. But that being said, he’s long, he’s athletic, he (was at the top) of the nation in assists this year.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com and SNY.tv calls in
3. The future with Tyler Ennis running the point
4. Chinonso Obokoh and Tyler Roberson
5. How will the current Cuse guys do in the NBA?
6. Wes talks hoops with Andrew Kouwe
7. A final look at the Final Four
8. The future
9. Jim Boeheim’s plans
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: DeVaughn Cooper to choose between Syracuse, Arizona, Arizona State - February 3, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse loses out on Stewart Reese, Josh White - February 2, 2016
- Frank Howard dazzles as Syracuse rallies to defeat Georgia Tech - February 1, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Adrian Killins visits Syracuse, sets decision date - February 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Georgia Tech 57 - January 30, 2016