SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to talk about Syracuse’s future and gives a preview of the NBA draft. Follow Adam for hoops, recruiting and rock and roll on Twitter. The Juice Online college basketball analyst Andrew Kouwe also gives his take on Syracuse’s basketball season, CJ Fair’s NBA plans and Jim Boeheim’s future.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO: Adam, Michael Carter-Williams may be leaving, but Tyler Ennis seems to be a very good fit for Syracuse. He played well in the Jordan Brand Classic. What should Syracuse fans expect from him?
AZ: I’ve been covering Tyler for 2-3 years now at St. Benedict’s and he’s a tremendous player. He played very well in the Jordan game playing alongside Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle. He’s mature, he should be ready to slide in there at the point. He’s played AAU ball with Andrew Wiggins, arguably the best non-NBA player in the world. He’s play with some other really good players on that CIA Bounce team. He’s used to playing at a very high level.
TJO: Speaking of MCW, how do you see him doing in the NBA?
AZ: He’s an example of a guy who has to come out now because the money is guaranteed and because this draft is a lot weaker than next year’s draft is going to be. That being said, theoretically, he’s a guy that could benefit from another year in college to get stronger and to work on some different things. It wouldn’t shock me if he’s in the D-League a year from now or at the end of someone’s bench. But that being said, he’s long, he’s athletic, he (was at the top) of the nation in assists this year.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com and SNY.tv calls in
3. The future with Tyler Ennis running the point
4. Chinonso Obokoh and Tyler Roberson
5. How will the current Cuse guys do in the NBA?
6. Wes talks hoops with Andrew Kouwe
7. A final look at the Final Four
8. The future
9. Jim Boeheim’s plans
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017