SNY.tv’s Adam Zagoria calls in to talk about Syracuse’s future and gives a preview of the NBA draft. Follow Adam for hoops, recruiting and rock and roll on Twitter. The Juice Online college basketball analyst Andrew Kouwe also gives his take on Syracuse’s basketball season, CJ Fair’s NBA plans and Jim Boeheim’s future.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO: Adam, Michael Carter-Williams may be leaving, but Tyler Ennis seems to be a very good fit for Syracuse. He played well in the Jordan Brand Classic. What should Syracuse fans expect from him?
AZ: I’ve been covering Tyler for 2-3 years now at St. Benedict’s and he’s a tremendous player. He played very well in the Jordan game playing alongside Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle. He’s mature, he should be ready to slide in there at the point. He’s played AAU ball with Andrew Wiggins, arguably the best non-NBA player in the world. He’s play with some other really good players on that CIA Bounce team. He’s used to playing at a very high level.
TJO: Speaking of MCW, how do you see him doing in the NBA?
AZ: He’s an example of a guy who has to come out now because the money is guaranteed and because this draft is a lot weaker than next year’s draft is going to be. That being said, theoretically, he’s a guy that could benefit from another year in college to get stronger and to work on some different things. It wouldn’t shock me if he’s in the D-League a year from now or at the end of someone’s bench. But that being said, he’s long, he’s athletic, he (was at the top) of the nation in assists this year.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.com and SNY.tv calls in
3. The future with Tyler Ennis running the point
4. Chinonso Obokoh and Tyler Roberson
5. How will the current Cuse guys do in the NBA?
6. Wes talks hoops with Andrew Kouwe
7. A final look at the Final Four
8. The future
9. Jim Boeheim’s plans
10. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016