SNY/ESPN college basketball analyst Tim Welsh calls in to talk about Syracuse’s remarkable turnaround and give a preview of the Final Four. Follow Coach Welsh on Twitter.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
TJO.: Tim, what’s been the biggest difference since Syracuse lost to Georgetown to finish the regular season? Has it been the offensive improvement?
TW: There’s no question about it, they’ve got their offense in rhythm. Their defense has been very, very good all year long but their defense has taken another step forward because of their offense. Their offensive improvement with better ball movement, better playment movement and a little more patience and Michael Carter-Williams not turning it over as much, making that extra pass on the offensive end, that’s helped their defense. They’re been more solid offensively. They were dreadful for a while, but now they’re back. Their defense right now is as good as any I’ve seen in a long time.
TJO: What do you see happening in the Final Four?
TW: It’s going to be a tremendous weekend. All the teams deserve to be there. It’s been a great tournament as well. The cream rose to the top and you’re going to see a great weekend. All four teams can score. Great, tough defense. Any of the four teams could win the tournament this weekend. But I look to see an All Big East final on Monday night. I look to see Jim Boeheim and Rick Pitino battling for the fourth time this season. Old friends. The old Syracuse staff. Monday night for the national championship. That would be fun.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
2. Former Providence coach and current SNY Analyst Tim Welsh calls in
3. What’s the difference in the Orange since Georgetown?
4. Is this the best version of The Zone that you have seen?
5. How does Syracuse attack Michigan?
6. How does Michigan guard Cuse?
8. The Juice Online Senior Columnist Nate Federman calls in
9. Syracuse / Michigan Match Up
10. Michigan and Indiana Big 10 comp
12. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016