Syracuse bounces back after the loss to Villanova with a dominant 17-5 win over Canisius.
WHAT HAPPENED: It was never really close. Syracuse stormed out of the gates, scoring 13 unanswered goals at one point to take down the Golden Griffins. With a huge lead in the third quarter, Desko asked his players to stop attacking and the team stopped looking to score. The young guys got into the game in the fourth quarter. It was a glimpse of the future of the SU lacrosse team.
WHAT IT MEANS: This was just the kind of game the team needed to bounce back with a couple of tough games in Princeton and Cornell on the schedule. The offense played with rhythm, passing with accuracy and finishing with great consistency at the net. The defense forced turnovers that helped get the offense out in transition. After a tough loss to Villanova, morale was low. But it’s hard to have low spirits after a dominating victory like this one.
STAR GAZING: Sophomore attackman Kevin Rice had three goals and three assists. He was comfortable both finding his teammates and dodging past defenders to get to the cage. Derek Maltz also had an impressive night with four goals.
WHAT’S NEXT: Syracuse heads to Princeton next Saturday, April 6th to battle the Tigers. Time 5:00 pm (ET) – TV: ESPNU.
- Syracuse WR Brisly Estime has career day in win over Wake Forest - November 3, 2013
- Syracuse 0, Georgia Tech 56 — What we learned - October 21, 2013
- Syracuse 24, NC State 10 — What we learned - October 14, 2013
- Syracuse 14, Clemson 49 — What we learned - October 7, 2013
- Syracuse 52, Tulane 17 — What we learned - September 23, 2013
- Syracuse 54, Wagner 0 — What we learned - September 16, 2013
- Syracuse 27, Northwestern 48 — What we learned - September 9, 2013
- Syracuse 17, Penn State 23 — What we learned - September 2, 2013
- No. 1 Ernie Davis — Counting down the Top 5 Syracuse running backs - May 16, 2013
- No. 2 Jim Brown — Counting down the Top 5 Syracuse running backs - May 9, 2013