Syracuse football players Markus Pierce-Brewster and Davon Walls have been dismissed from the team, the school announced Wednesday afternoon.
The school cited a “violation of team rules” as the reason. The two players were arrested in connection with a felony burglary that took place on campus.
Pierce-Brewster, a defensive end, recorded 30 tackles for the team last season, starting all 13 games. Walls, a defensive lineman, was used in a reserve role.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017