Overall, only so-so for Orange Watch in our first-ever edition of scheduleology, released hours before the official ACC Conference release Monday afternoon.
It wasn’t hard lining up the first four games; The Juice Online tweeted out Wagner last week, and we correctly predicted the first open week.
When it comes to ACC play, we correctly prognosticated only one home game in Oct. and three in Nov. and Boston College being the final game, although the ACC and ESPN originally said 10 months ago the re-awakening of this historical Northeast rivalry was going to be played on Thanksgiving Friday, thus our guess.
We came close but didn’t hit any other ACC dates on the nose. All games are Saturdays, and the two back-to-back road game stretches are offset by the final two games at home.
As to how the rest of the schedule plays out, obviously a tough Big Ten duo to start with first before what should be a pretty decent crowd at MetLife Stadium with the Nittany Lions ardent followers, followed by the game at Northwestern.
FCS program Wagner (counts towards bowl eligibility) and Tulane balance things out, before Clemson makes its Dome debut for the inaugural ACC game, and no doubt the week before will be filled with video images on TV/online of the 1996 Gator Bowl game between the teams and Donovan McNabb connecting twice with Marvin Harrison for scores in the 41-0 embarrassment of the 23rd ranked Tigers.
|Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)||Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)|
|Sept. 7 at Northwestern||Sept. 7 at Northwestern|
|Sept. 14 WAGNER||Sept. 14 WAGNER|
|Sept. 21 TULANE||Sept. 21 TULANE|
|Sept. 28 (No Game)||Sept. 28 (No Game)|
|Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)||Oct. 5 CLEMSON|
|Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH||Oct. 12 at North Carolina State|
|Oct. 19 at Florida State||Oct. 19 at Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech||Oct. 26 (No Game)|
|Nov. 2 CLEMSON||Nov. 2 WAKE FOREST|
|Nov. 9 (No Game)||Nov. 9 at Maryland|
|Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST||Nov. 16 at Florida State|
|Nov. 23 at Maryland||Nov. 23 PITTSBURGH|
|Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)||Nov. 30 BOSTON COLLEGE|
|Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte||Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte|
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 79, UConn 76 - November 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Charlotte 70 - November 25, 2015
- Orange Watch: What direction will Syracuse AD Mark Coyle take with new coach? - November 24, 2015
- Orange Watch: Yearning for Syracuse guard Sherman Douglas and the ‘alley oop’ pass - November 17, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 37 - November 14, 2015
- Orange Watch: Despite distractions surrounding future, Syracuse coach Scott Shafer plows ahead - November 11, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 17, Louisville 41 - November 7, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball is back featuring unique, dual-coach season - November 4, 2015
- Previewing Syracuse v. Florida State with WFLA-FM’s Preston Scott - October 30, 2015
- Orange Watch: Realistically, when will Syracuse football next beat Florida State? - October 27, 2015