Overall, only so-so for Orange Watch in our first-ever edition of scheduleology, released hours before the official ACC Conference release Monday afternoon.
It wasn’t hard lining up the first four games; The Juice Online tweeted out Wagner last week, and we correctly predicted the first open week.
When it comes to ACC play, we correctly prognosticated only one home game in Oct. and three in Nov. and Boston College being the final game, although the ACC and ESPN originally said 10 months ago the re-awakening of this historical Northeast rivalry was going to be played on Thanksgiving Friday, thus our guess.
We came close but didn’t hit any other ACC dates on the nose. All games are Saturdays, and the two back-to-back road game stretches are offset by the final two games at home.
As to how the rest of the schedule plays out, obviously a tough Big Ten duo to start with first before what should be a pretty decent crowd at MetLife Stadium with the Nittany Lions ardent followers, followed by the game at Northwestern.
FCS program Wagner (counts towards bowl eligibility) and Tulane balance things out, before Clemson makes its Dome debut for the inaugural ACC game, and no doubt the week before will be filled with video images on TV/online of the 1996 Gator Bowl game between the teams and Donovan McNabb connecting twice with Marvin Harrison for scores in the 41-0 embarrassment of the 23rd ranked Tigers.
|Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)||Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)|
|Sept. 7 at Northwestern||Sept. 7 at Northwestern|
|Sept. 14 WAGNER||Sept. 14 WAGNER|
|Sept. 21 TULANE||Sept. 21 TULANE|
|Sept. 28 (No Game)||Sept. 28 (No Game)|
|Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)||Oct. 5 CLEMSON|
|Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH||Oct. 12 at North Carolina State|
|Oct. 19 at Florida State||Oct. 19 at Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech||Oct. 26 (No Game)|
|Nov. 2 CLEMSON||Nov. 2 WAKE FOREST|
|Nov. 9 (No Game)||Nov. 9 at Maryland|
|Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST||Nov. 16 at Florida State|
|Nov. 23 at Maryland||Nov. 23 PITTSBURGH|
|Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)||Nov. 30 BOSTON COLLEGE|
|Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte||Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte|
- Orange Watch: After NCAA black eye, Syracuse to shine hosting NCAA regional - March 24, 2015
- Monumental Day for Syracuse basketball – Jim Boeheim to retire in three years - March 18, 2015
- Daryl Gross out, Pete Sala in, as new interim Syracuse athletic director - March 18, 2015
- Orange Watch: Near season’s midpoint, Syracuse lacrosse looking like team on mission - March 16, 2015
- Orange Watch: How long until Syracuse athletics wakes up from its NCAA nightmare? - March 10, 2015
- Instant Juice: NCAA suspends Boeheim, vacates 108 wins, docks Syracuse’s scholarships - March 6, 2015
- Orange Watch: If Jim Boeheim seeks 1000 victories, he’ll be coaching at Syracuse in 2017 - March 4, 2015
- Orange Watch: How have things been for Syracuse since Christmas? - February 24, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball must win once to avoid ignominious distinction - February 24, 2015
- Orange Watch: 200 victories and counting for Syracuse lacrosse coach John Desko - February 17, 2015