Overall, only so-so for Orange Watch in our first-ever edition of scheduleology, released hours before the official ACC Conference release Monday afternoon.
It wasn’t hard lining up the first four games; The Juice Online tweeted out Wagner last week, and we correctly predicted the first open week.
When it comes to ACC play, we correctly prognosticated only one home game in Oct. and three in Nov. and Boston College being the final game, although the ACC and ESPN originally said 10 months ago the re-awakening of this historical Northeast rivalry was going to be played on Thanksgiving Friday, thus our guess.
We came close but didn’t hit any other ACC dates on the nose. All games are Saturdays, and the two back-to-back road game stretches are offset by the final two games at home.
As to how the rest of the schedule plays out, obviously a tough Big Ten duo to start with first before what should be a pretty decent crowd at MetLife Stadium with the Nittany Lions ardent followers, followed by the game at Northwestern.
FCS program Wagner (counts towards bowl eligibility) and Tulane balance things out, before Clemson makes its Dome debut for the inaugural ACC game, and no doubt the week before will be filled with video images on TV/online of the 1996 Gator Bowl game between the teams and Donovan McNabb connecting twice with Marvin Harrison for scores in the 41-0 embarrassment of the 23rd ranked Tigers.
|Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)||Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)|
|Sept. 7 at Northwestern||Sept. 7 at Northwestern|
|Sept. 14 WAGNER||Sept. 14 WAGNER|
|Sept. 21 TULANE||Sept. 21 TULANE|
|Sept. 28 (No Game)||Sept. 28 (No Game)|
|Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)||Oct. 5 CLEMSON|
|Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH||Oct. 12 at North Carolina State|
|Oct. 19 at Florida State||Oct. 19 at Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech||Oct. 26 (No Game)|
|Nov. 2 CLEMSON||Nov. 2 WAKE FOREST|
|Nov. 9 (No Game)||Nov. 9 at Maryland|
|Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST||Nov. 16 at Florida State|
|Nov. 23 at Maryland||Nov. 23 PITTSBURGH|
|Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)||Nov. 30 BOSTON COLLEGE|
|Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte||Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte|
- Orange Watch: Interesting week to watch how Syracuse basketball bounces back - January 20, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse eyes another inductee into Pro Football Hall of Fame - January 13, 2015
- College Hoops – With Chris McCullought out, Sportbet has line on next game at 8.5 - January 12, 2015
- Orange Watch: How does Syracuse compare to ACC opponents, Part II - January 7, 2015
- Orange Watch: Stacking up Syracuse basketball’s ACC opponents, Part I - January 6, 2015
- Orange Watch: Early ACC schedule shakes out favorably for Syracuse basketball - December 30, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 85, Long Beach State 67 - December 28, 2014
- A Christmas wish list for Syracuse fans - December 25, 2014
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball seeking better grades in the spring semester - December 22, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Villanova 82 OT - December 20, 2014