Overall, only so-so for Orange Watch in our first-ever edition of scheduleology, released hours before the official ACC Conference release Monday afternoon.
It wasn’t hard lining up the first four games; The Juice Online tweeted out Wagner last week, and we correctly predicted the first open week.
When it comes to ACC play, we correctly prognosticated only one home game in Oct. and three in Nov. and Boston College being the final game, although the ACC and ESPN originally said 10 months ago the re-awakening of this historical Northeast rivalry was going to be played on Thanksgiving Friday, thus our guess.
We came close but didn’t hit any other ACC dates on the nose. All games are Saturdays, and the two back-to-back road game stretches are offset by the final two games at home.
As to how the rest of the schedule plays out, obviously a tough Big Ten duo to start with first before what should be a pretty decent crowd at MetLife Stadium with the Nittany Lions ardent followers, followed by the game at Northwestern.
FCS program Wagner (counts towards bowl eligibility) and Tulane balance things out, before Clemson makes its Dome debut for the inaugural ACC game, and no doubt the week before will be filled with video images on TV/online of the 1996 Gator Bowl game between the teams and Donovan McNabb connecting twice with Marvin Harrison for scores in the 41-0 embarrassment of the 23rd ranked Tigers.
|Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)||Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)|
|Sept. 7 at Northwestern||Sept. 7 at Northwestern|
|Sept. 14 WAGNER||Sept. 14 WAGNER|
|Sept. 21 TULANE||Sept. 21 TULANE|
|Sept. 28 (No Game)||Sept. 28 (No Game)|
|Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)||Oct. 5 CLEMSON|
|Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH||Oct. 12 at North Carolina State|
|Oct. 19 at Florida State||Oct. 19 at Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech||Oct. 26 (No Game)|
|Nov. 2 CLEMSON||Nov. 2 WAKE FOREST|
|Nov. 9 (No Game)||Nov. 9 at Maryland|
|Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST||Nov. 16 at Florida State|
|Nov. 23 at Maryland||Nov. 23 PITTSBURGH|
|Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)||Nov. 30 BOSTON COLLEGE|
|Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte||Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte|
- Orange Watch: Part I, 2016 Syracuse football game-by-game previews and predictions - August 23, 2016
- Orange Watch: Will new Hall of Famer Marvin Harrison return to Syracuse this season? - August 9, 2016
- Orange Watch: NCAA graduate transfer rule could alter 2016-17 Syracuse basketball - July 26, 2016
- Orange Watch: Syracuse football will benefit from new AD, football coach, Carrier Dome - July 12, 2016
- Syracuse names alum John Wildhack as new athletic director - July 6, 2016
- Orange Watch: After 28 years, how did that ‘SYRACUSE’ sign disappear from Rupp? - July 1, 2016
- Orange Watch: Nine game ACC football schedule makes sense for Syracuse - June 14, 2016
- Orange Watch: The 2016-17 guide to Syracuse Orange athletics postseason locations - May 31, 2016
- Orange Watch: Carrier Dome renovation will bring Syracuse pro sports atmosphere on college campus - May 24, 2016
- NCAA Lacrosse Instant Juice: Syracuse 7, Maryland 13 - May 21, 2016