Overall, only so-so for Orange Watch in our first-ever edition of scheduleology, released hours before the official ACC Conference release Monday afternoon.
It wasn’t hard lining up the first four games; The Juice Online tweeted out Wagner last week, and we correctly predicted the first open week.
When it comes to ACC play, we correctly prognosticated only one home game in Oct. and three in Nov. and Boston College being the final game, although the ACC and ESPN originally said 10 months ago the re-awakening of this historical Northeast rivalry was going to be played on Thanksgiving Friday, thus our guess.
We came close but didn’t hit any other ACC dates on the nose. All games are Saturdays, and the two back-to-back road game stretches are offset by the final two games at home.
As to how the rest of the schedule plays out, obviously a tough Big Ten duo to start with first before what should be a pretty decent crowd at MetLife Stadium with the Nittany Lions ardent followers, followed by the game at Northwestern.
FCS program Wagner (counts towards bowl eligibility) and Tulane balance things out, before Clemson makes its Dome debut for the inaugural ACC game, and no doubt the week before will be filled with video images on TV/online of the 1996 Gator Bowl game between the teams and Donovan McNabb connecting twice with Marvin Harrison for scores in the 41-0 embarrassment of the 23rd ranked Tigers.
|Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)||Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)|
|Sept. 7 at Northwestern||Sept. 7 at Northwestern|
|Sept. 14 WAGNER||Sept. 14 WAGNER|
|Sept. 21 TULANE||Sept. 21 TULANE|
|Sept. 28 (No Game)||Sept. 28 (No Game)|
|Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)||Oct. 5 CLEMSON|
|Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH||Oct. 12 at North Carolina State|
|Oct. 19 at Florida State||Oct. 19 at Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech||Oct. 26 (No Game)|
|Nov. 2 CLEMSON||Nov. 2 WAKE FOREST|
|Nov. 9 (No Game)||Nov. 9 at Maryland|
|Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST||Nov. 16 at Florida State|
|Nov. 23 at Maryland||Nov. 23 PITTSBURGH|
|Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)||Nov. 30 BOSTON COLLEGE|
|Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte||Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte|
- Orange Watch: Minimum of five games left to decide Syracuse basketball’s postseason - February 16, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 75, Pittsburgh 80 - February 11, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse lacrosse looks to end eight year NCAA title drought - February 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: The Syracuse football connection to the Super Bowl - February 1, 2017
- Orange Watch: Home and away balance, and taxing describes 2017 Syracuse football schedule - January 25, 2017
- Orange Watch: Could it be a winless regular season on the road for Syracuse basketball? - January 24, 2017
- Orange Watch: Road win against North Carolina proving to be challenge for Syracuse - January 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 68, North Carolina 85 - January 16, 2017
- Orange Watch: Jim Boeheim took 11 years to win consecutive NCAA games at Syracuse - January 10, 2017
- Orange Watch: ACC flexes its bowl game muscles with Syracuse on outside looking in - January 4, 2017