Syracuse fell to No. 12 in the latest round of rankings released Monday afternoon. It is the first time they have fallen out of the top 10 since the 2010-11 season.
The Orange went 1-1 last week, with a win over Providence and a loss to rival Georgetown. The Hoyas moved up to No. 7 in the polls, and are the highest ranked Big East team.
Syracuse will play No. 22 Marquette later today, and then host No. 10 Louisville on Saturday.
Indiana received 64 first place votes to take the top spot. They were followed by Gonzaga, who received one first place vote. Duke, Michigan and Miami rounded out the top 5.
Other ranked Big East teams included No. 21 Notre Dame and No. 23 Pittsburgh.
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson named McDonald’s All-American — Cuse Clicks - January 29, 2015
- Maryland jumps in Jordan Tucker sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - January 28, 2015
- Kassoum Yakwe takes in St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden — Cuse Clicks - January 27, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, North Carolina 93 - January 26, 2015
- Syracuse recruit Thomas Bryant has not set any visits yet — Cuse Clicks - January 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015