Syracuse fell to No. 12 in the latest round of rankings released Monday afternoon. It is the first time they have fallen out of the top 10 since the 2010-11 season.
The Orange went 1-1 last week, with a win over Providence and a loss to rival Georgetown. The Hoyas moved up to No. 7 in the polls, and are the highest ranked Big East team.
Syracuse will play No. 22 Marquette later today, and then host No. 10 Louisville on Saturday.
Indiana received 64 first place votes to take the top spot. They were followed by Gonzaga, who received one first place vote. Duke, Michigan and Miami rounded out the top 5.
Other ranked Big East teams included No. 21 Notre Dame and No. 23 Pittsburgh.
- Recruiting Roundup: Who will Syracuse pursue now that Robert Washington is out? - September 1, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Impact of Robert Washington decommiting from Syracuse - August 31, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Syracuse target Cycoby Burch will take officials before commiting - August 28, 2015
- Adelson: Syracuse football faces tough road to bowl game in 2015 - August 28, 2015
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 27, 2015
- Rercruiting Roundup: Is the door open for Moustapha Diagne at Syracuse? - August 26, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Cycoby Burch to choose between Syracuse, three others - August 25, 2015
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Decommitted Amir Watts speaking to Syracuse - August 24, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Moustapha Diagne will not play for Syracuse - August 21, 2015
- Ervin Phillips — Meet the 2015 Syracuse Football team - August 20, 2015