Syracuse fell to No. 12 in the latest round of rankings released Monday afternoon. It is the first time they have fallen out of the top 10 since the 2010-11 season.
The Orange went 1-1 last week, with a win over Providence and a loss to rival Georgetown. The Hoyas moved up to No. 7 in the polls, and are the highest ranked Big East team.
Syracuse will play No. 22 Marquette later today, and then host No. 10 Louisville on Saturday.
Indiana received 64 first place votes to take the top spot. They were followed by Gonzaga, who received one first place vote. Duke, Michigan and Miami rounded out the top 5.
Other ranked Big East teams included No. 21 Notre Dame and No. 23 Pittsburgh.
- McAnaney: Days of Syracuse lacrosse as lock for Final Four are over - May 26, 2016
- 2016 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse G Malachi Richardson - May 25, 2016
- Former punter Brendan Carney talks Syracuse football, Riley Dixon, marathoning - May 18, 2016
- Second half rally by Syracuse lacrosse enough to silence Albany - May 16, 2016
- Syracuse lacrosse, seeded No. 8 in the NCAA Tournament, will host Albany - May 9, 2016
- Colgate Raiders — 2016 Syracuse lacrosse scouting report - May 5, 2016
- What will Syracuse’s starting lineup look like in the 2016-17 season? - May 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse in final three for Taurean Thompson - May 5, 2016
- Belbey looking to add one more player to Syracuse alumni team ‘Boeheim’s Army’ - May 4, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 wing Jordan Tucker calls visit to Syracuse ‘great’ - May 4, 2016