Syracuse fell to No. 12 in the latest round of rankings released Monday afternoon. It is the first time they have fallen out of the top 10 since the 2010-11 season.
The Orange went 1-1 last week, with a win over Providence and a loss to rival Georgetown. The Hoyas moved up to No. 7 in the polls, and are the highest ranked Big East team.
Syracuse will play No. 22 Marquette later today, and then host No. 10 Louisville on Saturday.
Indiana received 64 first place votes to take the top spot. They were followed by Gonzaga, who received one first place vote. Duke, Michigan and Miami rounded out the top 5.
Other ranked Big East teams included No. 21 Notre Dame and No. 23 Pittsburgh.
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 defensive back Jarrett Paul to visit Syracuse on Thursday - July 26, 2016
- How will Syracuse F Michael Gbinije do with the Detroit Pistons? - July 25, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from 2017 LB Nadarius Fagan - July 25, 2016
- Boston College Eagles — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 84, The Untouchables 91 - July 21, 2016
- Steven Clark — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 21, 2016
- How will Syracuse G Malachi Richardson do with the Sacramento Kings? - July 20, 2016
- Dontae Strickland — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - July 15, 2016
- Former Syracuse LB Jake Flaherty: ‘It’s an exciting time for the program’ - July 14, 2016
- Virginia Tech Hokies — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - July 13, 2016