Syracuse fell to No. 12 in the latest round of rankings released Monday afternoon. It is the first time they have fallen out of the top 10 since the 2010-11 season.
The Orange went 1-1 last week, with a win over Providence and a loss to rival Georgetown. The Hoyas moved up to No. 7 in the polls, and are the highest ranked Big East team.
Syracuse will play No. 22 Marquette later today, and then host No. 10 Louisville on Saturday.
Indiana received 64 first place votes to take the top spot. They were followed by Gonzaga, who received one first place vote. Duke, Michigan and Miami rounded out the top 5.
Other ranked Big East teams included No. 21 Notre Dame and No. 23 Pittsburgh.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016