SU football fanatics, tired of waiting for the upcoming season’s schedule?
Many longtime ACC football fans from the league’s traditional members have joined the most ardent Orange boosters complaining online in recent weeks about the holdup in releasing the slate, delaying the start to planning for weekends back to the alma mater, or to road games that in the case of ‘Cuse fans will be to some new locales.
Well, we’ve got your football schedule right here. You’ve heard about bracketology, now we present scheduleology. Taking the non-league dates we do know have been confirmed, combined with cross-checking other ACC team schedules, we present one scheduleolgist’s (wild) guess as to what the ’13 lineup will look like (home games in all caps):
- Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)
- Sept. 7 at Northwestern
- Sept. 14 WAGNER
- Sept. 21 TULANE
- Sept. 28 (No Game)
- Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)
- Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH
- Oct. 19 at Florida State
- Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech
- Nov. 2 CLEMSON
- Nov. 9 (No Game)
- Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST
- Nov. 23 at Maryland
- Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)
- (Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte)
Despite the fact that this schedule only provides one home game in October, the games are spaced out after an off week, and there’s only has one tough consecutive road game stretch, while leaving three home games for November, including what’s the start of a traditional season-ending date with Boston College, this year in the Dome.
Don’t worry; it shouldn’t be too long until we find out how this attempt matches up to the real deal. According to FBSchedules.com through Florida State site WarChant.com, the ACC is expected to officially detail a Florida State-Pittsburgh Labor Day evening opening game as part of the schedule release on Monday afternoon.
- Orange Watch: Can Syracuse basketball duplicate last year’s victory total despite distractions? - October 21, 2014
- Orange Watch: For Syracuse football, is a minimum 4-2 finish realistic this season? - October 14, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Florida State 38 - October 11, 2014
- Orange Watch: New Syracuse quarterback, new offensive play caller, HUGE challenge - October 7, 2014
- Orange Watch: Better execution, continued talent upgrade needed for Syracuse football - September 30, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 15, Notre Dame 31 - September 27, 2014
- Orange Watch: For Syracuse football, no time like present for ‘national relevancy’ - September 23, 2014
- Orange Watch: From 0-2 to 2-0, what a difference a year makes for Syracuse football - September 16, 2014
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 40, Central Michigan 3 - September 13, 2014
- Orange Watch: Syracuse, ACC lead the way with the most NFL head coaches - September 8, 2014