SU football fanatics, tired of waiting for the upcoming season’s schedule?
Many longtime ACC football fans from the league’s traditional members have joined the most ardent Orange boosters complaining online in recent weeks about the holdup in releasing the slate, delaying the start to planning for weekends back to the alma mater, or to road games that in the case of ‘Cuse fans will be to some new locales.
Well, we’ve got your football schedule right here. You’ve heard about bracketology, now we present scheduleology. Taking the non-league dates we do know have been confirmed, combined with cross-checking other ACC team schedules, we present one scheduleolgist’s (wild) guess as to what the ’13 lineup will look like (home games in all caps):
- Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)
- Sept. 7 at Northwestern
- Sept. 14 WAGNER
- Sept. 21 TULANE
- Sept. 28 (No Game)
- Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)
- Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH
- Oct. 19 at Florida State
- Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech
- Nov. 2 CLEMSON
- Nov. 9 (No Game)
- Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST
- Nov. 23 at Maryland
- Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)
- (Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte)
Despite the fact that this schedule only provides one home game in October, the games are spaced out after an off week, and there’s only has one tough consecutive road game stretch, while leaving three home games for November, including what’s the start of a traditional season-ending date with Boston College, this year in the Dome.
Don’t worry; it shouldn’t be too long until we find out how this attempt matches up to the real deal. According to FBSchedules.com through Florida State site WarChant.com, the ACC is expected to officially detail a Florida State-Pittsburgh Labor Day evening opening game as part of the schedule release on Monday afternoon.
- Orange Watch Exclusive: Syracuse basketball coach Jim Boeheim to retire in September 2016 - April 1, 2015
- Orange Watch: Syracuse’s Carrier Dome is not a dump, it is a building that’s simply outdated - March 30, 2015
- Orange Watch: After NCAA black eye, Syracuse to shine hosting NCAA regional - March 24, 2015
- Monumental Day for Syracuse basketball – Jim Boeheim to retire in three years - March 18, 2015
- Daryl Gross out, Pete Sala in, as new interim Syracuse athletic director - March 18, 2015
- Orange Watch: Near season’s midpoint, Syracuse lacrosse looking like team on mission - March 16, 2015
- Orange Watch: How long until Syracuse athletics wakes up from its NCAA nightmare? - March 10, 2015
- Instant Juice: NCAA suspends Boeheim, vacates 108 wins, docks Syracuse’s scholarships - March 6, 2015
- Orange Watch: If Jim Boeheim seeks 1000 victories, he’ll be coaching at Syracuse in 2017 - March 4, 2015
- Orange Watch: How have things been for Syracuse since Christmas? - February 24, 2015