SU football fanatics, tired of waiting for the upcoming season’s schedule?
Many longtime ACC football fans from the league’s traditional members have joined the most ardent Orange boosters complaining online in recent weeks about the holdup in releasing the slate, delaying the start to planning for weekends back to the alma mater, or to road games that in the case of ‘Cuse fans will be to some new locales.
Well, we’ve got your football schedule right here. You’ve heard about bracketology, now we present scheduleology. Taking the non-league dates we do know have been confirmed, combined with cross-checking other ACC team schedules, we present one scheduleolgist’s (wild) guess as to what the ’13 lineup will look like (home games in all caps):
- Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)
- Sept. 7 at Northwestern
- Sept. 14 WAGNER
- Sept. 21 TULANE
- Sept. 28 (No Game)
- Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)
- Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH
- Oct. 19 at Florida State
- Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech
- Nov. 2 CLEMSON
- Nov. 9 (No Game)
- Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST
- Nov. 23 at Maryland
- Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)
- (Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte)
Despite the fact that this schedule only provides one home game in October, the games are spaced out after an off week, and there’s only has one tough consecutive road game stretch, while leaving three home games for November, including what’s the start of a traditional season-ending date with Boston College, this year in the Dome.
Don’t worry; it shouldn’t be too long until we find out how this attempt matches up to the real deal. According to FBSchedules.com through Florida State site WarChant.com, the ACC is expected to officially detail a Florida State-Pittsburgh Labor Day evening opening game as part of the schedule release on Monday afternoon.
- Orange Watch: Perhaps now Jim Boeheim can even win 1000 games at Syracuse ‘twice’ - March 22, 2017
- Orange Watch: With Hopkins leaving Syracuse, a look back at March 19, 2015 - March 20, 2017
- NIT Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Mississippi 85 - March 18, 2017
- Orange Watch: 2017 only the ninth non-NCAA season under Jim Boeheim for Syracuse - March 14, 2017
- Orange Watch: Will tournament in Brooklyn resonate with Syracuse, ACC? - March 8, 2017
- Orange Watch: The case for Syracuse guard John Gillon being All-ACC - March 7, 2017
- Orange Watch: 2017 Syracuse football to play in traditional southern locales - February 28, 2017
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball facing a potential historic losing streak - February 21, 2017
- Orange Watch: Minimum of five games left to decide Syracuse basketball’s postseason - February 16, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 75, Pittsburgh 80 - February 11, 2017