SU football fanatics, tired of waiting for the upcoming season’s schedule?
Many longtime ACC football fans from the league’s traditional members have joined the most ardent Orange boosters complaining online in recent weeks about the holdup in releasing the slate, delaying the start to planning for weekends back to the alma mater, or to road games that in the case of ‘Cuse fans will be to some new locales.
Well, we’ve got your football schedule right here. You’ve heard about bracketology, now we present scheduleology. Taking the non-league dates we do know have been confirmed, combined with cross-checking other ACC team schedules, we present one scheduleolgist’s (wild) guess as to what the ’13 lineup will look like (home games in all caps):
- Aug. 31 Penn State (MetLife Stadium)
- Sept. 7 at Northwestern
- Sept. 14 WAGNER
- Sept. 21 TULANE
- Sept. 28 (No Game)
- Oct. 3 at North Carolina State (Thursday)
- Oct. 12 PITTSBURGH
- Oct. 19 at Florida State
- Oct. 26 at Georgia Tech
- Nov. 2 CLEMSON
- Nov. 9 (No Game)
- Nov. 16 WAKE FOREST
- Nov. 23 at Maryland
- Nov. 29 BOSTON COLLEGE (Friday)
- (Dec. 7 ACC Championship Game-Charlotte)
Despite the fact that this schedule only provides one home game in October, the games are spaced out after an off week, and there’s only has one tough consecutive road game stretch, while leaving three home games for November, including what’s the start of a traditional season-ending date with Boston College, this year in the Dome.
Don’t worry; it shouldn’t be too long until we find out how this attempt matches up to the real deal. According to FBSchedules.com through Florida State site WarChant.com, the ACC is expected to officially detail a Florida State-Pittsburgh Labor Day evening opening game as part of the schedule release on Monday afternoon.
- Orange Watch: Syracuse Carrier Dome visitors wish list: Alabama football, Kansas basketball - February 9, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 68, Virginia Tech 60 OT - February 2, 2016
- Orange Watch: The ACC mixes up tradition for Syracuse football’s 2016 schedule - February 2, 2016
- Orange Watch: From verbal indications, Syracuse football recruiting headed upwards - January 26, 2016
- Orange Watch: Syracuse basketball see-sawing between NCAA and NIT finish - January 20, 2016
- Orange Watch: Potential exists for historically poor Syracuse basketball record - January 12, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, North Carolina 84 - January 9, 2016
- Orange Watch: ACC’s points allowed in bowl games bodes well for Syracuse, Dino Babers - January 5, 2016
- Orange Watch: Numbers don’t lie; Syracuse is indeed a ‘basketball school’ - December 30, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - December 27, 2015