Syracuse dropped two spots to No. 8 in the latest round of polls released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange went 1-1 last week with a loss to Connecticut and then a win over Seton Hall. Both games were on the road. They will host Providence on Wednesday before taking on arch-rival Georgetown on Saturday.
Indiana took the top spot in the rankings with 43 first place votes. Miami moved to No. 2, its highest ranking in school history with 20 votes. Gonzaga received the remaining three first place votes and was No. 3. Michigan State and Florida rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East schools included Louisville (10), Georgetown (11), Marquette (17), Pittsburgh (20) and Notre Dame (25).
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017