Syracuse dropped two spots to No. 8 in the latest round of polls released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange went 1-1 last week with a loss to Connecticut and then a win over Seton Hall. Both games were on the road. They will host Providence on Wednesday before taking on arch-rival Georgetown on Saturday.
Indiana took the top spot in the rankings with 43 first place votes. Miami moved to No. 2, its highest ranking in school history with 20 votes. Gonzaga received the remaining three first place votes and was No. 3. Michigan State and Florida rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East schools included Louisville (10), Georgetown (11), Marquette (17), Pittsburgh (20) and Notre Dame (25).
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes cuts for Lonnie Walker, Jordan Tucker - August 26, 2016
- Adelson: Syracuse football improved, but still ‘four to five’ win team - August 24, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: Can Eric Dungey stay healthy? - August 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska transfer Andrew White down to Syracuse, VCU - August 22, 2016
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2016 Syracuse Football preview - August 18, 2016
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2016 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Cameron Reddish hearing most from Villanova, Duke, Syracuse - August 16, 2016
- 2016 Syracuse Football Burning Questions: How will the defense adjust to Tampa 2? - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green includes Syracuse in final nine - August 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Ethan Thompson talking to Syracuse about visit - August 12, 2016