Syracuse dropped two spots to No. 8 in the latest round of polls released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange went 1-1 last week with a loss to Connecticut and then a win over Seton Hall. Both games were on the road. They will host Providence on Wednesday before taking on arch-rival Georgetown on Saturday.
Indiana took the top spot in the rankings with 43 first place votes. Miami moved to No. 2, its highest ranking in school history with 20 votes. Gonzaga received the remaining three first place votes and was No. 3. Michigan State and Florida rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East schools included Louisville (10), Georgetown (11), Marquette (17), Pittsburgh (20) and Notre Dame (25).
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, Boston College 17 - November 28, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Texas A&M 67 - November 27, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Florida teammates Whittaker, Hawkins hold Syracuse offers - November 27, 2015
- NCAA Appeals Committee restores four scholarships to Syracuse basketball - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Taurean Thompson likes Syracuse, picks up NC State offer - November 25, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: How does Shafer firing affect Syracuse recruits? - November 24, 2015
- Syracuse fires football coach Scott Shafer - November 23, 2015
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse one of two recruiting Taurean Thompson hardest - November 23, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Elon 55 - November 21, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 29, NC State 42 - November 21, 2015