Syracuse dropped two spots to No. 8 in the latest round of polls released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange went 1-1 last week with a loss to Connecticut and then a win over Seton Hall. Both games were on the road. They will host Providence on Wednesday before taking on arch-rival Georgetown on Saturday.
Indiana took the top spot in the rankings with 43 first place votes. Miami moved to No. 2, its highest ranking in school history with 20 votes. Gonzaga received the remaining three first place votes and was No. 3. Michigan State and Florida rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East schools included Louisville (10), Georgetown (11), Marquette (17), Pittsburgh (20) and Notre Dame (25).
- Syracuse among nine offers for Georgia RB Darius Stubbs — Cuse Clicks - May 26, 2015
- Dontae Strickland says he’s qualified to attend Syracuse — Cuse Clicks - May 22, 2015
- Kentucky, Oregon working hardest on Jamal Murray — Cuse Clicks - May 20, 2015
- Kurt Gavin plans to visit Syracuse after receiving offer — Cuse Clicks - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse season ends against Johns Hopkins - May 18, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse meets familiar foe Johns Hopkins in NCAA Tournament - May 15, 2015
- Dwayne Haskins, Jr. will announce college decision Friday — Cuse Clicks - May 14, 2015
- 2016 5-star guard Tyus Battle spurns Syracuse, selects Michigan — Cuse Clicks - May 12, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse dominates in NCAA Tournament win over Marist - May 11, 2015
- Syracuse lacrosse opens 2015 NCAA Tournament against Marist - May 8, 2015