Syracuse dropped two spots to No. 8 in the latest round of polls released on Monday afternoon.
The Orange went 1-1 last week with a loss to Connecticut and then a win over Seton Hall. Both games were on the road. They will host Providence on Wednesday before taking on arch-rival Georgetown on Saturday.
Indiana took the top spot in the rankings with 43 first place votes. Miami moved to No. 2, its highest ranking in school history with 20 votes. Gonzaga received the remaining three first place votes and was No. 3. Michigan State and Florida rounded out the top 5.
Other Big East schools included Louisville (10), Georgetown (11), Marquette (17), Pittsburgh (20) and Notre Dame (25).
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson named McDonald’s All-American — Cuse Clicks - January 29, 2015
- Maryland jumps in Jordan Tucker sweepstakes — Cuse Clicks - January 28, 2015
- Kassoum Yakwe takes in St. John’s game at Madison Square Garden — Cuse Clicks - January 27, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, North Carolina 93 - January 26, 2015
- Syracuse recruit Thomas Bryant has not set any visits yet — Cuse Clicks - January 26, 2015
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 62, Miami 66 - January 24, 2015
- What effect will NCAA investigation have on Syracuse’s recruitment of Thomas Bryant? - January 23, 2015
- Syracuse commit Malachi Richardson pours in 34 for Iron Mikes — Cuse Clicks - January 23, 2015
- Moustapha Diagne notches 16 points, rebounds as Pope John avoids upset — Cuse Clicks - January 22, 2015
- VJ King planning visits to Kentucky, Louisville — Cuse Clicks - January 21, 2015