NEWARK, N.J. — Syracuse center DaJuan Coleman said that his recovery from surgery on his knee is going well and anticipates being back according to schedule.
Coleman said that he was feeling between “90 to 95 percent” after Syracuse’s 76-65 win over Seton Hall on Saturday night. The freshman has been out since Jan. 29 after having a surgical procedure done on his left knee. He was projected to be out four weeks at that time.
“I feel good,” Coleman said to The Juice Online. “Pretty much no pain or anything.”
Coleman also said that he hasn’t had any contact practice yet and has mostly stuck with conditioning. Before SU’s game, Coleman was warming up and shooting with no restriction in his movement.
“I’m just running on the treadmill,” he said. “Pretty much just getting in a couple of miles a day and lifting weights.”
Though Coleman had started SU’s first 20 games at center, he had been used sparingly in conference play.
Coleman is averaging 5.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per game.
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Mike Miranda, CJ Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Tye Freeland - February 12, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 85, Florida State 72 - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Ayinde Eley, Delone Scaife, Mike Epstein - February 11, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Lamont Wade, Ben Mason, Tyshon Fogg - February 10, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Elite 2017 prospect Hamidou Diallo to visit Syracuse - February 9, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse extends offer to Donovan Jeter - February 8, 2016
- Bailey: Syracuse fans ‘should be happy’ with incoming 2016 football class - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers Joel Honigford, Jairus Grissom, Izayah Green-May, JaVont’e Richardson - February 5, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Scout ranks Syracuse 43rd in average class stars - February 4, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse adds impressive class on 2016 National Signing Day - February 3, 2016