NEWARK, N.J. — Syracuse center DaJuan Coleman said that his recovery from surgery on his knee is going well and anticipates being back according to schedule.
Coleman said that he was feeling between “90 to 95 percent” after Syracuse’s 76-65 win over Seton Hall on Saturday night. The freshman has been out since Jan. 29 after having a surgical procedure done on his left knee. He was projected to be out four weeks at that time.
“I feel good,” Coleman said to The Juice Online. “Pretty much no pain or anything.”
Coleman also said that he hasn’t had any contact practice yet and has mostly stuck with conditioning. Before SU’s game, Coleman was warming up and shooting with no restriction in his movement.
“I’m just running on the treadmill,” he said. “Pretty much just getting in a couple of miles a day and lifting weights.”
Though Coleman had started SU’s first 20 games at center, he had been used sparingly in conference play.
Coleman is averaging 5.0 points and 4.4 rebounds in 14.0 minutes per game.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 30, Wake Forest 7 - October 18, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Large group of recruits to attend Orange Madness - October 17, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: 2016 wing VJ King taking time with recruitment - October 16, 2014
- SNY.tv Syracuse podcast: Can football make a bowl; Previewing 2014-15 hoops - October 15, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Tyus Battle has ‘great visit’ at SU - October 14, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Trevon Duval, Jordan Tucker will be at Orange Madness - October 13, 2014
- Syracuse 20, Florida State 38 — What we learned - October 13, 2014
- Florida State Seminoles — 2014 Syracuse football scouting report - October 10, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Tyus Battle plans to cut college list soon - October 9, 2014
- Syracuse Recruiting Links: Jordan Tucker to visit Cuse Oct. 17 - October 7, 2014